All reviews irish pub hot breakfast waffles boston area indoor pool beds were comfortable free breakfast the breakfast area fitness room free parking staff was friendly waxy miles highway ma
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Nice updated room, very comfortable bed, solid breakfast offering. A surprisingly nice stay at this hotel. We used Uber to go in and out of the North End and saved hundreds over staying in Boston. The only thing not star worthy was the condition of the carpets in the elevator and hallways. Pretty rough. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat, however.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed three nights over labor day weekend. The first room that we were given the bathroom was dirty so they let us switch rooms to the third floor which was a lot better. We had a king size bed and it was very comfortable. The room temperature was good too. Wifi worked very well and fast. The breakfast was mediocre, the second and third day we brought our own breakfast but I liked that coffee was available 24/7 and the coffee was very good. On Saturday we went to work out and were quite disappointed with the gym. One of the main machines was broken and the gym was so small. We still got a workout in but could of been better. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Nice lobby staff even when very busy. Attentive to guest needs when able. Fitness room was useful but some equipment was broken. Clean! Beautiful courtyard area too. Nice breakfast spread. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2018

It was a 5-star stay at a 3-star hotel. This newly renovated property is clean and comfortable. The staff is well-trained, professional -looking and friendly. All the people I interacted with made me feel welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Looks like this place was updated based on some of the pictures on here. My son will be going to college in Boston in the fall so we have been in the area a lot lately. since we will be up so much we decided we will not pay the overpriced rates in the city. We just spent 3 days in the area for Orientation weekend. We ended up at the BW New Englander . Actually thinking it was another hotel we stayed at before (whoops). Also thinking it was the same hotel(before arrival) we booked Parents weekend in Oct. Whoops. we walked in and realized it was not the same hotel but did see on the way in there was a restaurant/bar so that was a plus.
Check in was quick and easy, room was clean and AC was cold, beds were comfortable. If you are looking for a 5 star this is not it but all in all a good place to stay. Went to restaurant both nights, once just for drinks the next night for dinner and drinks. Great beer selection, my husband had a burger, he said was really good(he doesn't say that much) I had an appetizer Seafood brushetta... was the best thing I have eaten in a long time. There was also bar trivia one night the bar was not crowded but between the tables and bar there was enough people to make it fun, Bartenders were great...
Breakfast was ok, it was free I've had better I've had worse, they did have eggs and sausage that was nice, this way I cold have some protein and not carb overload on those waffles in that flip thing...
SO why not 5 stars????? the coffee!!! I am a big coffee drinker and love when coffee is available all day long... 2nd complaint about the coffee is there was no cream, only powdered and it was flavored.... UGH that almost ruined my day (7-11 down the road) I am writing this yelp, first to try to offset the bad reviews because it wasn't that bad,But most importantly in hopes they will see this.... SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... COFFEE ALL DAY AND CREAM.... FLAVOR IS GOOD, BUT SOME OF US ARE OLD SCHOOL!!! you would have had 5 starts from me if your coffee were better... Will be traveling to Boston for the next 5 years,may times a year... If you BW are reading this... step it up with the coffee... everything else is all good!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family