The Orchards Hotel
The Williams Inn(Williamstown)
Redwood Motel(North Adams)
Cozy Corner Motel(Williamstown)
View Hotel
All reviewsgala restaurantcookiesturn down servicefireplace roomwilliams collegewindow seatfitness roombay windowgrand pianobreakfast and dinnerfitness centertwo sinksrooms are largecomfortable hotelsmall poolold world charmnew england
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I told them I was not fixing their toilet and requested a maintenance man and housekeeping to clean the floor. Neither was available. Angela from the front desk just shrugged. I demanded another room--which she gave me grudgingly. Hospitable she was not.

All this for $160/night. Which includes a $10 facility fee for an outdoor pool, covered with leaves and dirty water. The whole building smells like fake floral air freshener. My asthma is flaring. The bathroom sliding door was broken. There is grime and dirt on the baseboards in the bathrooms. The tub is old seems to date from 1979, hard to tell if it's dirty or just old. Laughingly, dried Christmas decorations are still at the front door. That should have been my first tip off.

There are some good things: the bed linens are soft and clean. They have coffee and good tea available all the time. Ashley the manager was kind and tried to make up for everything with coupon for free breakfast.

Bottom line: It's okay for maybe $70-80 a night. Don't pay more, you'd do better at a Motel 6. At least they wouldn't just hand you a plunger! The owners either need to put very serious money into it or drop the price to motel levels. And either way they need to fix the plumbing.

PS--the only thing put in the toilet was poop and toilet paper.

One more thing--they have AAA 4 diamond awards on their walls. Huh? I guess I didn't check the years. My bad for not doing due diligence.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I liked the looks and feel of this hotel, complete with four poster beds and natural woodwork in the corridors. For just $8 more, we stayed in a 500 sq foot room. Good beds, very good heat and bathrooms. One issue - the king size bed had 2 reading lights on the wall, but one did not even have a switch, and the other had clearly burned the wall (and not been repaired). Mattress was decent, but with a little more lateral movement than I like. Overall, a very good value for the money. I would definitely stay there again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Check out the large rooms if available
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark F
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On the spur of the moment we decided to take a run up to North Adams to see the Mass MoCA, and we were able to book a room less than 10 minutes away at the Orchards Hotel in Williamstown. The hotel is just off the main highway about a 5 minute walk from the Williams campus and offers dining and room service, and their activity fee includes an exercise room and WiFi.
Our room and bathroom were both quite sizeable, and there was plenty of natural light from the expansive windows. The bath was an interesting combo of old and new with a conventional tub from the 60's, but a frameless glass shower and two granite-topped vanity/sinks, one complete with make-up mirror..... even Q-tips and cotton balls for the make-up oriented. We did, however, suffer a disappointing glitch when we later discovered that our TV was not operating, and it could not be fixed, nor could we be moved. After a long day we were looking forward to relaxing with a movie, so we were not pleased. However, a conversation a couple days later with management took the sting out of the disappointment with a very generous offer. I always find it rewarding when management recognizes an unfortunate situation and rises to the occasion to make things better, rather than simply making excuses.
We also ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel. Although the staff certainly made us feel welcome, things were slower than what we hoped for with each meal. The food was good, and they even prepared a small crudité plate (not on the menu) to go with the hummus that was on the menu, but there were long stretches when our wait-person disappeared. I also discuss this issue with management, and feel it is something that will be improved the next time we visit... and we plan to!

Room Tip: 415 is on the ground level, and there is a room above... some occasional foot noise.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

The Orchards was very comfortable for us, and we really appreciated the large room and comfy beds. The outstanding element was staff, and they were extremely helpful. One of our family became ill, and they got us everything we needed, very graciously. Thanks to Alyssa(and others)in the diningroom, and Molly and Michelle on the desk. We were concerned, and they were great. Also our room attendant was helpful. We would stay there again for that reason. Thanks to all!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2018

The Orchards Hotel entrance is very majestic. The atmosphere inside is old world beautiful. We purchased the New Years Eve Package which consisted of dinner, comedy show, dancing, champagne toast at midnight, a room, and brunch for $269. The dinner was very good. A buffet which consisted of prime rib, chicken and salmon. I don't eat meat but the chicken and salmon was very tasty. The ballroom was very cold and that is my biggest complaint. Many of us were very cold. They brought in a small heater which blew a fuse but was fixed shortly afterwards. The room was so cozy and warm and comfortable. Bed and pillows wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple