All reviews the owner breakfast room babbling brook real plates williams college make your own waffles stream running bagels swimming pool lovely stream friendly owners poster bed friendly place beautiful grounds new owners rocking chairs breakfast included
Reviewed 19 September 2018

I recently spent one night at the Inn. A friend stayed in the room the night before and joined me the next night.A few days after returning home, I checked my credit card's website and noticed that the Inn had charged me for 4 nights instead of one. When I called to address this error, Ken of the Inn became very loud and aggressive, claiming that my friend had not paid for her room the night she had stayed alone and accused me several times of trying to "steal a night" from his business. His hostility stopped only because a co-worker interrupted his yelling at me to advise him that my friend had in fact paid for the room. When he later called to confirm that the extra three nights of false billing had been in error and would be reversed, he did not apologize or offer any explanation for the mess the Inn had created.
Given the number of other nearby places to stay in the area and with this type of treatment, it's hard to imagine why anyone would choose the Inn.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RonaldS2866, Owner at Berkshire Hills Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

I would like you to remove your incorrect review . When I called you back I didn`t say the charges would be reversed I said they already had been VOIDED at the time they were made . Steven I am sorry about your problem . As you know , and was explained to you over the phone , there was a mistake and it was corrected days before your phone call . > for some reason that I don`t know it takes the banks longer to issue a a void then a charge < and also THIS MISTAKE WAS VOIDED INSTANTLY AND YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE EVEN SEEN THEM . That's why I didn`t even know what you were talking about when you called . I am sure if you look at your bank statement you will see the dates of the charge and VOIDS . And yes I respond when I am told that someone is going to call there bank and stop payment on there card I get a little annoyed . Last thing , there is no Ken here My name is Ron and you talked to me . Now if you remember what I said ( exactly what I said). I said " Maybe your girlfriend didn`t pay so we charged your card " As your card was used to guarantee the room . Again I said MAYBE because I didn`t know what was going on . and you said you would call your bank .

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Prior reviews capture the essence of the Inn, and we stayed here for the price which included breakfast. The owners accommodated us by opening the breakfast buffet 15 minutes early so that we could make an 8:30 AM tee time at Waubeeka golf links which is a very short distance. The outside pool was surprisingly frigid (as it was sweltering while we were there) so instead we swam in the Green River at Mount Hope Park - which is also very close to the Inn. The room was clean, the king size bed was comfortable, and we slept well with white noise from the air conditioner.

Date of stay: September 2018
RonaldS2866, Owner at Berkshire Hills Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thanks for taking the tie to write us a nice review . Sorry the pool was cold . Will work on heating it better .

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

This Inn is a wonderful place to stay. Peaceful and relaxing next to a bubbling brook, perfect for an enjoyable, relaxing visit to Williamstown. The owners are wonderful people who do everything to make sure you enjoy your stay. This was our 2nd stay here and we plan on coming back many times.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas S
Ronald S, Owner at Berkshire Hills Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

thanks for taking the time to write us such a nice review , If I could review guests you would have lots of stars . Natalia , Ron and Molly
( the beagle )

Reviewed 2 September 2018

This was our third stay at the Berkshire Hills Country Inn, as we dropped off our college student. Still spotless clean rooms, quiet location, and very kind hosts at the main desk and breakfast. Though small, the room was comfortable, fully functional, and met all our needs for the night. My son even discovered the large TV with HD. Breakfast was standard continental fare (including make your own waffles) and a solid start to our day. Hopefully, plan to return a few more times in the coming years.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for a very nice review .Really hope we see you whenever you visit the area . We love the Williams parents , they are always 5 star guests .

Reviewed 2 September 2018

We had a wonderful experience with the owners Ron and Natalia going above and beyond to make our stay memorable. We even got to play with their dog Molly. Ron picked us up in Williamstown because there was no cab service. What a great breakfast and delicious coffee. Highly recommend staying on their beautiful grounds.

Date of stay: August 2018