All reviews stay there again cream cheese williams college bed was comfortable new owners vt diner
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Great location for being close to Williamstown or going to Vermont. It's a simple, kind-of- retro motel which includes a light breakfast. I go every year and enjoy the ambience. The new owners are updating alittle but keeping the quaint essence. Great value for the area and I very much recommend it. It's a fun experience!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2017

They have a late arrival policy, I called in advance and someone was at the reception at 10 pm. Room was clean, furniture updated, flat screen TV, modern bathroom. There was one alarm!!!! I was waiting for HOT WATER for 30 seconds in the shower. In the morning, I just started the shower and jumped in 30 seconds later - no problem. We had a room that had a broom closet on one side, but I could hear our neighbors on the other side. If they would be loud, it might be a problem, but our neighbors were quiet.
Breakfast was a coffee and toast, some danishes. There is a place to eat next door, which we did not use. Looked very appealing, although.
Yes, I would stay there again. Why overpay for the Berkshires visit?
Convenient as the stop from Vermont or Saratoga to Mount Greylock and Clark Institute.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

To start, I paid $187 for a Saturday evening because most motels in the area were booked. Their daily rate during the week is $49.95.
The room was very old & in terrible need to be updated. The staff it seemed tried to make it as clean as possible, but to many issues to overcome.
Here is a list of what I found:
Wifi did not work for cell service
Coffee brewer was dirty, as well as full of mold. I returned it & was given a new brewer
Carpeting stained throughout
Sitting chair was worn & stained
Bathtub had missing grout with black mold in several areas
Door was chipped & poor paint job
Breakfast area holds 5 people with a very limited carb variety
Room was dingy with poor lighting
Clean sheets & comfortable bed
Sink & toilet clean, but antiquated
To pay $187 was a crime.
LR

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

With my expectations low (based on the price). I was delighted to find a clean, comfortable motel room. There is a train track nearby, but I was never bothered by the noise. The breakfast is lacking but there's a diner next door.

If you don't need frills during your stay in this area, you'll like this place and the price.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Always nice to have a king size bed. The room was pretty clean - a few things under the bed but otherwise it did appear very clean. The bed was comfortable. There was more furniture in the room that I could figure out what to do with. The shower was fine -- it had a hard time staying one temperature -- but it had nice water pressure. The front desk clerk very nicely offered to stay open past 11pm for us. We were glad to arrive a few minutes before that so he didn't have to stay open for us. There's a cute diner next door that's good for breakfast. Train tracks run right across the grass but the sound wasn't bad, in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple