“closed. new owner & it's now The Cottage Irish restaurent”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Union Chowder House
Ranked #96 of 133 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 21 November 2016

place was absolutely terrible. Thankfully it sold after it closed and a new restaurant with new owners opened a new Irish place called The Cottage. This place is very good and I recommend it. Check out The Cottage for reviews.

Reviewed 22 August 2015

Since changing management and becoming Molie McGuires I've attended twice for lunch. My first visit was somewhat confusing and distasteful. The fish chowder, although on the menu was not prepared and so I settled for a burger which was dry, overdone and placed in flaking bun apparently thawed from being frozen. I decided to give Mollies the benefit of the doubt an try it again. This time we ordered coke which was flat (the waitress who was kindly admitted none of the drinks were coming out carbonated). We ordered fish chowder which arrived with chunks of curdled milk. Not willing to take a chance on overcooked chowder, we canceled our meal and departed. I will not attempt a meal at Mollies (alias Union Chowder again).

Reviewed 20 March 2015

I've tried this place several times. Back when the name was Union and now that it is Molly Maguires (same owners, menu, decor, etc) and each time I am never quite sure WHY I would give them another chance beyond the fact that it is always empty so no wait and choice of any booth, and there is 1 item there I like depending on the day/who is cooking.

But I tried again today, silly me. After a very long tough week I just wanted an easy quiet meal.

Walked in at 5pm on a Friday night and there were the standard 4-5 guys at the bar. No hostess waiting to welcome...the one of the guys came over (does he work there but sits with the "guests"?) and asked if he could help and looked at me oddly when I asked for a table. "take any table"

Quickly I saw why....not a soul was in the dining room. At 5pm on a Fridayt.
I sat at a booth.

No one came to wait on me. Not a glass of water. Not a peek from the bar side wiith a "someone will be right with you". Nothing

10 minutes later (yes TEN minutes), I put my jacket on and left. Not a soul tried to stop me, apologize.......

1  Thank sally s
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Union Chowder House looks like it should be a great place, so we returned several times. Each time, the meal was a disaster. The chowder is actually pretty pasty. We regularly had poor service, such as the meals never come out, one entree arrives with everyone else's appetizers, the wrong meals comes out, etc. Most meals are average and edible, but not much more.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

The tires old Union Chowder House has been replaced by Molly Maguires, an Irish pub that has a lot of good Italian and American dishes in addition to Irish, and there's still plenty of seafood on the menu. Portions are ample.

The bar is nice and there's plenty of good stuff on tap. There's free wifi, and although the parking lot is tiny, there's a municipal lot across the road. They are open for breakfast right through dinner and up until about midnight.