All reviews donuts nice stay walking distance indoor pool pets clerk bedding
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I am so thankful I did not read the reviews before booking here because I know I wouldn't have. As it was, my husband looked on choice and used his points to book this place. We had made a very last minute decision to drive up for a whale watching trip. We left PA around 8pm Monday evening, arriving about 3am tuesday morning. The hotel was booked on our drive. We just needed a place to sleep a few short hours. I had a moment of panic when we arrived and office was closed up and locked. Thankfully, there was a note with phone number. The attendee had left our room key for us. The room itself was decent really. It was on ground level. Simple and clean. The bathroom was extremely small but shower put out some great pressure and hot water. First thing I always do is check bedding. The mattress was sealed in dust cover that zippered. The floor was not carpeted which I think is great. Less chance of worrying about bugs. If you are like my family, who just needed a place to sleep, hot water for a shower and you will be on your way, this isn't as horrible as reviews sound. I regret not taking pictures. I checked for mold because I am allergic. Did not find any. It is an Econo not the Ritz. We were in Rm 114. I will say I did not eat the breakfast. We were out of there around 10am so didn't use anything else. Did not interact with staff much at all. One lady when I returned the key, and she acted a bit lost as to what to do or why I was handing her room key. Since she didn't know her way around desk I thought maybe she was housekeeper. I will be checking now that I read reviews to make sure I was only charged one night.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 26daniellen
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Im from nj and i have two dogs it’s really hard to find a hotel that will except dogs, in the Cape so I found this place. Ok first how dare you charge $25.00 per dog and this place is so gross I can’t wait to take my dogs home and bath them. The room had mildew all on the bathroom walls and this place smelled like mildew. The floors are so damn gross, this place needs to be shut down and renovated sooo bad. But on the positive note yes it’s quite and their is cable but this place is really is gross.
They put this touch screen mirror in the room, “what do you think that’s a renovating? Don’t think so!
Seriously
UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank bcscott32
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Experience at this place was terrible, can't believe the jerk hit my credit card for extra nights. Worst mattress I EVER saw in my life. I would have been more comfortable in a homeless shelter. Ratings are not possible to go less than 1 star, if they were I would say -5. Am I clear? Beware. State should close this place down

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank bnoreau
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Beware! They Charged my credit card an extra night without my consent! We stayed the week leading up to 4th of July... on the 3rd of July we drove from this hotel to a hotel in bar harbor, ME to be there for the 4th as we see the fireworks every year there. I called the hotel to book the stay and told them we would be leaving on the 3rd. They didn't have full vacancy for the 4th so they charged my card 156.00 and told me I was a no show. It was on my citi travel card so citi faught the hotel and got my money back. This happened to multiple people there I then found out. We stay in cape cod, MA every year. We make the trip up from Pa. my original hotel was already booked out so I tried this place. They seem really nice but beware they put charges on your card for nights not stayed and consented to. I had to have citi card battle them because they didn't want to hear what I had to say or give me my money back. It happened to so many others so please stay somewhere else!! Besides the extra charge, the place was discussing and stains all over the bed. I had to go out and buy sheets and bleach wipes!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank katie c
Reviewed 22 September 2017

The greeter said that the hotel had changed hands and they are working hard to update. He was very welcoming, so I don’t want to be too harsh. The room was free for us with our Points. But, otherwise it was very cheap,$70 and you get what you pay for. We had an upstairs room which is reached by an outside stairway, and it was pouring rain. An awning would have been nice. No one told us how to get to the pool, which obviously wasn’t from an indoor hallway, and since it was windy and pouring, we didn’t bother to find it. The only ice machine was also back downstairs in the pouring rain. Ok. Fine. We skipped the ice. The room was clean. Clean sheets, clean bathroom, good tv, plenty of outlets. But, the hairdryer had a burned out spot on it and I was afraid to use it. Very cramped for space in the room and bath, sink area. There were cigarette holes in the bedspread. We looked for a hotel directory, but found out in the morning that it was in a drawer that didn’t have a handle. It was a good night except for the dog barking nearby at 12:30. It’s a pet friendly hotel, so….can’t complain there. The breakfast was a very skimpy continental, but again, in keeping with the price. I was annoyed that when I was ready to put my plate, cups, etc. in the trash, the girl told me it was outside the back door….again….in the rain. I know people expect so much more than what they pay for, so in all, for the price it’s alright, when you just want a place for the night. Saddest is that in the morning, the girl at the desk was busy on the computer and not friendly, really. Not rude, but not hospitable. If the new owners can get it updated with new bedspreads, not allow smoking, put the pets in a separate area, and just train their staff to be friendly, it might do well even in a place like West Yarmouth with so much to see and do, and not many inexpensive hotels.

Stayed: September 2017