“Our favorite escape”

Bayside Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We once again had a much needed escape to the Bayside. We have begun to feel that
this is our home away from home. As usual, the staff was friendly and courteous, even
though the hotel was at maximum and they were extremly busy. They are always
smiling and willing to help. The rooms and grounds were immaculate and I have
noticed that the guests respect this and also try to pick up after themselves. The
breakfast room was cheerful and the selection plentiful. We stay at least 2or 3 times
a year and have never been disappointed. We have also recommended it to family
and friends and they have always been satisfied. Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 July 2011

I have been taking my children to the Bayside for several years now. The service is always excellent. Staff couldn't be friendly. Hotel is very clean and well maintained. Each year we return, and something new has been upgraded. The morning breakfast is fresh and has a lot of variety. The indoor and outdoor pools are kept very clean. The rooms are comfortable and good in size. The locations is also perfect. Easy to get around the Cape for any destination day trip. Staff is there to make recommendations for activities, beaches and dining. They have a frequent stay program to earn points too! We'll be going back in the spring for a free night stay!! Never disappointed at the Bayside - we love it - the family loves it - Enjoy the view of the bay from the beautiful sand area in the back while there!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
GM-BaysideResort, Front Office Manager at Bayside Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Thanks for coming back each year! We have watched many families grow, adding children and grandchildren... Hope to see the same happen with your family. Did you know you can get more free nights with our Referral Program?

Reviewed 22 July 2011

We loved the Bayside Resort Hotel. The staff all around was helpful in helping us find places to go. The room was impeccable. We loved the Jacuzzi in our room as we celebrated our First Anniversary there. It will always be special to us. There are a few close beaches within 6 miles of the Hotel. I hope to get back there again before the summer comes to a close here in New England. The bar staff was very social and so was every employee we came across.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2011

If you want a nice place to stay on the cape, this is it. It's NOT directly on the water, at least not on any water you can swim or wade in. But it's clean, has two good size pools and a hot tub, and a very ample free breakfast. The staff is both cheerful and helpful, the WiFi works, there is plenty of parking, and the rooms are large and clean. There is a beach less than a mile away that has free (but limited) parking. We (three adults and two teenagers) just spent a long weekend there and came away smiling. If I had my choice I would have preferred something on the water, but for a last minute reservation we didn't have that option.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

I booked this hotel for my daughter & I because we wanted something (1) centrally located on the Cape, (2) reasonably priced, and (3) that didn't have to be reserved months ahead of time. That's all we needed. So that being said, the Bayside met my expectations. The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was friendly & helpful. It's very motel-like but that's what I expected. And it is not in an attractive area, but it's very close to lots of desirable beaches, shopping, & restaurants. Downtown Hyannis is only a couple miles away and it's very quaint with lots of shopping and restaurants. Several beaches are within a 10-15 minute drive. So all in all, we were happy with our stay. I feel that we got what we paid for and the location worked out well.

I must say, however, that this hotel would quickly go up from a 3 to a 4 for me if they would just update the rooms, because the pool area and grounds were very nice. Surprisingly nice. My daughter loved the pool (which was super clean & crystal clear) and I enjoyed the beachy area out back for relaxing & bird watching. As others have said, it's not a beach for swimming... but they never said it was... it's just a nice spot for sitting and taking in the view. And the little bar by the pool was very convenient for smoothies & sodas and the server was very friendly. Again, for the price ($160 a night) I thought this was quite nice! But unfortunately, the rooms leave quite a bit to be desired so I have to give it a 3 overall. Fine for a couple nights, but in dire need of a face lift -- they look like they haven't been touched since 1982.

I'm not sure if we would stay here again... The next time we come will probably be for longer and I'm OK with paying more to get a little more. But overall I was satisfied with our experience at the Bayside and would recommend it to anyone looking for a convenient low to mid-priced hotel/motel that caters to families.

1  Thank travel141
SeaCoast Inn
#4 of 22 in Hyannis
21.5 km away
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Bayside Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!