All reviews room was clean instant oatmeal cape cod plenty of hot water refrigerator and microwave flat screen free wifi indoor pool hyannis area breakfast area waffles off season mini golf jay channels housekeeping renovation
Reviewed 11 August 2018

My husband and I made a last minute reservation at this hotel. We were supposed to stay down the street but booking.com screwed up our reservation. So, already frustrated, tired, and disappointed, we went online to search other hotels in the area. My husband found that the Quality Inn had limited availability left. He booked the room and we were at the hotel within 5 minutes. Our toddler was sleeping in the car at the time, so my husband went into our room first to set up her pack n play. He came out and asked me to check out the room. He stayed in the car with our toddler and I went in to find the room smelled of moisture. Not that anyone should be expected to stay in a room like that, but I have severe allergies and there is no way I would make it overnight in that hotel. I also didn't want my child sleeping in a room that probably had a mold and mildew problem. I got back in the car and told my husband we had to get another room or find somewhere else to stay. We realized the windows to each room were wide open during a rainstorm, so all of the rooms were probably going to have the same problem. My husband put the pack n play back in the car and we searched on our phones for another place to stay. When we saw other places had vacancies, my husband went to the front desk to inform the woman working that our room smelled and we couldn't stay in there. She immediately got defensive, telling my husband that they never have complaints and it is impossible that the room smelled (she was clearly lying - as I read through the reviews I'm finding many people complained about damp rooms). My husband finally said forget it, just refund us our money and we will find somewhere else to stay. Since he had booked the room through Travelocity, she told him that it was fine but we would have to call them to cancel our reservation.

We leave the property and at this point our toddler is awake and screaming. It's past dinner time, she's starving, and our family has been waiting for us to meet them for dinner. We call another hotel (Gaslight Motel) to book a room for the night and then proceed to call Travelocity to cancel the Quality Inn reservation. The representative says she simply has to call the Quality Inn to make sure we did, in fact, check out of the hotel. She comes back on the line to tell us that the manager disagrees with our story and that he will not allow them to issue a refund.

My husband calls the manager at Quality Inn directly. He is rude and accuses us of being on the property for 40 minutes before complaining about the room. In reality, we were checked into our NEW hotel (the Gaslight Motel), 20 minutes away from the Quality Inn, within 40 minutes. He basically accused us of using the room for 40 minutes and then not wanting to pay for it. He said we should have asked for another room. First of all, the lady at the front desk should have been more apologetic and less argumentative. My husband was nothing but polite and she went into defense mode immediately. This did not make us want to stay at the hotel at all. Second of all, she did not offer us another room, nor did she request we speak with a manager or tell us that we wouldn't be refunded. She simply took our key back and sent us on our way.

When I called Choice Hotels customer service to inform them of the situation, I was transferred to no one. Upon reading other reviews, it seems as though they handle complaints this way frequently. They transfer you, no one picks up, you leave a message, and no one calls back. Unbelievable. Worst customer service I have ever received.

Bottom line: we are now stuck paying for a disgusting hotel room that we didn't even use. As a Choice Hotels member, I am horrified and disappointed by the way we were treated and I will never stay at their hotels again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Travelodge20, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Be advised that your husband came back to the office after been checked in for over 30-40 minutes stating that “his wife is unable to stay in that room”, he did not request a room change nor did he request to we speak with the manager he simply requested a refund.

Yes I responded by telling your husband that we have never had complaints and it is impossible that the room smelled because we had a family checked out of that room on that same day. We keep the windows opened until our guests are checked in and it’s up to the guest whether or not they want to have them closed. Your husband was informed that yes he could check out but he will have to get in contact with the third party he made the reservation through. And based on our cancellation policy (72 hrs prior to check-in) he was outside of that window. I can understand your frustration but your husband was nothing close to polite he was outright nasty with the manager even though he knew that it was a last minute reservation and he would not get a refund.

As a Choice Hotels member I can understand the stance and prestige that you feel, the bottom line is that we will not be processing a refund due to the fact as you stated in your email it was a last minute reservation. And it's not just our policy it's all of the hotels/motels in the area.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Though somewhat basic, the room was large and the mattress quite comfortable. The AC unit did make some noise, but not so much that it became a problem. More choice at breakfast than another Quality Inn we stayed at. Best asset of the place, though: its location on Route 28, minutes from Hyannis and all the restaurants, ice cream shops and, of course, beaches.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

After an eventful start to our Cape Cod vacation, our friends and us had to search for another hotel. (We arrived at our reserved hotel, only to find things not as expected at all).

We checked for another Choice hotel, and promptly called this hotel. We told the manager, we would come through immediately to see if the accommodation was acceptable.

On arrival, we met Jay Patel. We mentioned what transpired at the reserved hotel, and he was happy to accommodate us at this Quality Inn. Despite this venue being in the buzz and hubbub of Hyannis, it was cheaper than our original reservation in Bourne.

The rooms smelled of damp, but were clean. The beds were so comfortable, and the pillows made for a good night sleep.

Breakfast was lacking in a few standard items. They had NO eggs for week we were there. For meat lovers, no breakfast sausage or bacon. (We’re vegetarian so it didn’t bother us). On the first morning, we were pleasantly surprised by croissants. The next days, no more croissants.

A thorough cleaning of the floors needs to be done. We saw some creatures running around. My Husband had an English muffin which had an odd smell. It was like a damp smelling yeast. They probably keep it in a plastic below the counter. He did bring it to the attention of the breakfast lady.

For two days however, they didn’t change sheets or pillow cases. We had no replacement Kleenex or hand towels. After a word with Jay, all these were sorted out.

Hotel needs improvement, but excellent location and nice staff ...

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meldoll1
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

The price for the room was decent. Complimentary breakfast was included although there was not much of a variety and there were no drinks the second day. Staff were friendly, although the cleanliness of the room could have been better

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2018

We had family visiting the Cape who were staying at their timeshare across the street at the Cove. I selected the Quality Inn for myself, my husband and our two kids, as many reviews stated the rooms were fine, and it came at a good price for the Cape.

First, the good part. The young woman at check-in was very helpful, and the complimentary breakfast was good (fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals and pastry/bagels/waffles). And the location is very convenient.

We had a problem at the check-in as there was a mixup from Hotels.com and the Quality Inn didn't show our reservation. (This is not the Quality Inn's fault). The young woman at the hotel was lovely, and worked to resolve it. She found us a room with two double beds. At this point it was 45 minutes into the check in process. We were late in meeting family so rushed to the room and were immediately overpowered by the smell of mildew. We opened the window to help air it out. The bathroom was tiny and wasn't cleaned very well (dirt in the corners) and the floor was wet, which we later realized was from the toilet which was leaking. I phoned the front desk and they could not hear me (the phone wasn't working). I walked over while my family was in the car (we were late as I mentioned) to see if we could change and they were busy with other customers and it looked like it would be another 10 minutes or so, so we decided that we would just stick it out for the night.

Later on, when we returned, we noticed other details in addition to the smell: The room was old; there were nail holes on the wall where presumably a picture once was; and the carpet was old. The beds were on the soft side. It did have a new TV though. The door getting into the unit was warped so we had to really pull very hard to yank it open and shut it.

In the morning, we packed up early, and when I went to the front desk to check out, I told the same friendly young woman that the room should not be rented until it is repaired, and gave her the list: telephone; toilet; mildew; door. She apologized profusely.

We were just leaving when the manager came and started to talk in a very loud voice, that we should have changed rooms and it was not his fault that we didn't like the room and why didn't we complain earlier. I explained that I tried to but the phone wasn't working, and they were backed up at the desk. My husband is a licensed contractor and said, I'm in construction and I'll show you where the water is pooling - that's causing some of the moisture and mildew and the manager said, 'yeah, yeah, everyone is in construction.' I started to talk and the manager rudely interrupted me and said, 'No, you listen to me!' At that point we just said, 'okay, thank you' and got into our car.

To summarize, it's my last time at a Quality Inn. Any Quality Inn.

• Trip type: Travelled with family