“Happy Pancake”

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2016

My favorite dish is the Happy Pancake. We have always loved this restaurant. All dishes are made to order. I love the family business atmosphere. We locals do support this restaurant and it is not ordinary. We are eating a takeout Happy Pancake and soup as I write this. Took a long time to get it home due to Tanglewood traffic. I prefer to eat in the restaurant but I can say it was still sooo good.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

I have never seen a Vietnamese restaurant anywhere in the world that is as expensive as this restaurant. The portions are really quite small, especially for the approximately $17.00 - 18.00 they charged for a small plate of fried rice. Many of the other dinner entrees with meat were $25-30, which is the most I've seen at a Vietnamese restaurant. However, the menu had a lot of interesting options and plenty of vegetarian choices. The atmosphere was very nice and clean - much nicer than many other Vietnamese restaurants - and the wait staff was very good. There is nothing like it in the area. If you don't mind spending a lot of money for small portions, it is a pleasant restaurant but we left not really feeling full.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

In fairness, it was a Saturday night and the restaurant was crowded. They claimed they were short staffed. However, we waited 40 min. to order our food. The appetizers were mediocre and the entrees were poor. My five-spice chicken was tiny, burned, and left me hungry. They forgot to bring a beer I had ordered (they did give me a free diet coke). My wife found a hair in her food (they did deduct her meal). The dining room was so noisy we could hardly hear. Don't go there unless maybe during the week.

1  Thank mackerel
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

We have been having wonderful Vietnamese food in this family owned and operated restaurant for years. We go here just for the summer rolls that are freshly made and loaded with shrimp, vegetables, mint and rice sticks. The owners are lovely people who enjoy their customers.

2  Thank guinevere92
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

I don't understand all the negative reviews-we were here on a Sunday evening for dinner and could not have been more pleased. Service was excellent, our water glasses were constantly refilled, and the setting was delightful. We had the summer rolls and hot and sour soup from the vegetarian menu to start, and the happy pancake and the lemongrass tofu noodles as entrées. (also from the vegetarian menu) Everything was fresh and delicious-many of the vegetables from their own gardens! Two men dining nearby told the waitress that their entrées were as good as those they had enjoyed in Hanoi! We can't wait to return and sample other items from the menu!