“Nothing special”

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

We visited this place on a Thursday night. The place is big and pretty. It wasn't busy at all but the waitress took about 15 min to get our drink orders and then about 10 min to actually bring the drinks.

Food is nothing special and a bit pricey. For appetizers we ordered a crab soup that didn't have any crab in it and the special shrimp roll that had a small shrimp and tasted very very old.

For the main we had BBQ pork, nothing special. It was a little bit burned and had no flavor at all. We also had the shaking beef, the beef was tender but tasted like any other thing I could have cooked in my house. We also ordered the special fried rice, that was our favorite dish. It was very tasty but came in a very small portion.

Also, the place has no AC so it wasn't very pleasant because we went there in a very hot summer night.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend visiting.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We have been coming to this restaurant for 17 years. We just has another great dinner tonight. The shaking beef, 5 spice chicken and the duck are my favorites. I also love the egg roles and the lemon mouse. The owners know us and always greet us warmly. The prices are reasonable too.

1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 8 July 2016

Been coming here thru to wives and beau coup Berkshires trips winter fall summer.
So after 25 years, I have seen this place grow, prosper and do the right thing....until now.
The only reason it is 2 stars is that honored a request to get us our meal in time for a Tsngkewood concert. My wife's cashew chicken had no flavor The chicken was tough- definitely chest or old and recycled. My happy pancake chicken had a little flavor, accent on little But only compared to my wife's dish.
My un-happy pancake had the same chewy chicken. Awful. The shrimp summer rolls were very good. The service was awful...wanted a second seltzer and sell I got was the line: " you want more water?" ( tap)
To top it off the check with our credit card was sitting att the hostess stand for ( no exaggeration) 10 minutes card not run. This after it was a chore finding someone to take the payment.
All in all, an unstellar performance by a restaurant thst as recently as 1.5-2 yrs sho round rate 4.5-5 stars

Sad indeed.

1  Thank ADog56
Reviewed 4 July 2016

If you read the reviews they are true from the excellent to the poor, I don't think anyone is not telling you the truth. This is a very old run, slow paced, set in their ways place. They don't need you and they are rather seasoned (seniors) who don't know anything else but work. I believe that's why they don't close, as for the prices to portion, its outrageous, you get nothing but water, free, and depending who you are or when you go the staff goes from friendly to down right cold. If you go try to on the weekends, they have a few younger, happy, glad to be working people ,who cant try harder to make you happy. Ok now really I will tell about the food, I had the fried fish, and that's all you get, except for this small under nourished portion of rice. It was very fresh and very well done, also ordered the happy pancakes, once again it comes with nothing, ordered a side of rice none included, apps ordered were steamed raviolis, and summer rolls. Fish was good, pancakes, ok, ravioli, fair, rolls not so good. all was very over priced, and with nothing else on the plates you need to order $100.00 worth of menu items to hit the full button. I couldn't really say I will go back, for a number of reasons, but I say this don't go for the over pleasure of eating out because you will not be a happy pancake.

1  Thank tilefish
Reviewed 25 January 2016

This is not a quick food sandwich shop. The menu is Vietnamese based specialties adjusted for modern healthy diets. Fresh vegetables abound and the owner / hosts make you feel at home. The "Happy Pancakes" and "Shaking Beef" entrees are our favorites. Do not pass on dessert; go for the lemon mousse!