“Vacation ”
Review of Hoffman's Pottery

Hoffman's Pottery
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular arts and crafts store located in picturesque West Stockbridge.
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Very beautiful hand made pottery. She will ship to your home. If you do not see a color you like will make in color pattern she has.

1  Thank dsamelko
"shop"
in 4 reviews
"road"

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Came here on referral and so glad we did. We purchased a gorgeous bowl that sits on our bar overlooking the whole of newly designed kitchen and family room. Enjoyed chatting with Elaine Hoffman, such a delightful talented woman.

1  Thank Freja3
Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

Stopped in as this was on our list of places to check out in the area. Both of us bought some nice pieces. I enjoyed the bright "Crayola crayon" colored pattern and got a pen/pencil holder and matching soup mug for my daughter studying to be a teacher. Perfect gift!
My friend got herself a berry bowl and a lovely pottery bell for her outdoor porch as well as a small plate for a gift. All pieces were very different and we are quite happy with our purchases.
Very unique and different types of work to choose from.
Elizabeth is a pleasure to speak with and loves what she does.
We did both agree that prices were a bit more expensive (About $5 -10 per piece on average for smaller pieces) than what we expected, especially when you drive out to the studio.
But we'd definitely stop by again if we were in the area!

1  Thank rousseaj
Reviewed 31 August 2015

We stopped there today to see what they had to offer. We were extremely impressed..
They way her pottery was displayed made it easy to shop. Her workmanship was wonderful, and the prices excellent. For this quality merchandise you would pay a lot more in any type of shop. Yes, we bought items to take back to Florida.

1  Thank Chuck S
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Hoffman Pottery is located on the property (presumably attached to the house) of the artist - so you feel exactly like you're pulling into someone's driveway when you go. The shop is set up to be open to visitors without having to be fully staffed - so you ring a bell and go in and the lights come on. It's a small shop, and clearly a very personal enterprise.

I'm a little introverted by nature, so this was very upclose and personal but I'm glad I went. Her pottery is lovely, with some unique patterns and color combinations I enjoyed. I do agree w/ some of the other reviews that it is definitely on the pricey end for pottery, and one does feel some pressure to buy in such a one on one environment. But I enjoyed the shop and can certainly recommend it to anyone who enjoys handmade items and personal artistry. If you just want some nice mugs at a good price this probably isn't the shop for you. But if you like individual pieces, and enjoy buying directly from the artist in her own studio, you'd probably really enjoy a stop here.

2  Thank EMBMaryland_DC