“still great after all these years”
Review of La Casa De Pedro

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: MBTA Bus 70 runs next to us
Description: Come experience a true taste of Venezuelan hospitality and fine Spanish cuisine in Watertown, MA, just minutes from downtown Boston and Cambridge. Sip a Passion Fruit Mojito or one of Pedro"s Specialty Margaritas while dining on our beautiful outdoor patio. Savor Venezuelan specialties like Pabellón Criollo, Camarones al Ajillo, Paella and other lovingly created Latin American dishes. Pedro's restaurant offers semiprivate dining for large groups and functions such as business meetings, private parties, wedding receptions, anniversaries and other celebrations. Share delicious, traditionally prepared Latin American food and drinks and create warm memories with friends and family… Join us in celebrating life, love and friendship amid the upbeat tempo and tropical color of Pedro's "casa" at The Arsenal on the Charles in Watertown.
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Ten to twelve years ago La Casa de Pedro was a 20-24 seat restaurant in the center of Watertown. We went there pretty much every week for about ten years. We loved the place so much that we rented it out and had our wedding dinner there. When Pedro moved his restaurant to the current much larger location we were disappointed. We liked the intimacy and the "place where everyone knows your name" thing. But also we thought they wouldn't be able to maintain the food quality when catering to such a larger number of diners.

Well, we did lose the coziness, but we sure didn't lose the food. The quality has not changed a bit. The empanadas and arepas are great to start off with. The ceviche is super. The steaks, fish, pork - all great. You really can't go wrong. The chocolate flan for desert is addictive. We do miss the our old hangout spot, but we don't have to miss the food. Don't miss La Casa de Pedro. It's authentic Venezuelan food, plentiful servings, and delicious at every bite.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

The menu has many interesting dishes that you rarely see. I had the pork osso buco which was excellent. It was very tender and nicely flavored. It was a huge portion, easily enough for two people. We shared a pitcher of sangria which was good. The restaurant has a very high ceiling but it was still quite loud due to all the hard surfaces. It has a Latin decor and many of the wait staff appear to be Latinos/Latinas. The service was fine, nothing exceptional. Prices are good considering the quality. It does get too loud to talk once the music starts.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We visited on a recent Saturday night. The menu is very large and there are many great options to chose from. The food was good - although it was very salty but it was fresh and the portions were VERY large. I also cook without salt and am careful about sodium intake so it might just be me. It was so large that it was definitely two meals in one for me. The service however was not good at all. The servers wee not friendly and they were not all that attentive. The hostess was also not very friendly or welcoming. There was a live band playing for part of our meal and it was absolutely impossible to carry on a conversation. When we asked our waitress if the band could play slightly less loud, she said that there wasn't anything that she could do. Also, when she brought our left over food packaged up - it was so hastily done that the bad was leaking and I had to send it back. There was not much of an apology and I got the sense that she was annoyed with me. I would most likely not go back - which is unfortunate since the menu was interesting.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I don't get to La Casa De Pedro near enough, when I do, I am reminded of how much I love this place!
Each of the appetizers are artfully plated and taste so good!
The drinks are also as beautiful as tasty. I usually have the sangria. Yes, lots of yummy fruit at the bottom to enjoy at the end of the drink.
For dinner you can't go wrong. The shrimp served in a half coconut shell is creamy and tropical and crispy. Come with lightly spiced rice and perfectly fried plantains.
The service is always top notch. The wait person always seems happy to help and proud of the food coming from the kitchen.
I have never had dessert. I can't leave a morsel on my dinner plate, so I never have room.
I always sit at a table. The bar area is large and looks like a great place to meet have a drink and something yummy from the menu.
This place is great for a casual meet up, date night, or business dinner.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

In town for Education I visited on a saturday night. I got the last table an had just short of an hour. Service was quick but not so attentive as they were busy. Music inside an lots of people having a good time. I had a Sirloin steak flavoured with different spices it was fine and between medium and well done they did not ask how I wanted it but it was just fine. Would I go again? Probably not if alone as good alternatives exists nearby, but if part og a larger group it would probably be fun.