All reviews self park parking garage dunkin donuts nice hotel an upgrade restaurant bar bed was very comfortable business travel spg lobby valet boston conference highway graduation treadmill uber
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Overall, the room was well laid-out and comfortable, extremely quiet, and the bed absolutely excellent.

Our only issues were small ones. There were two of us staying and we're both coffee drinkers. The coffee was great, but there were only two miniscule creamers, not even enough for one cup of coffee. Also, the housekeeping service didn't come until very late in the afternoon the next day, and when she did arrive we were already changing for dinner. So I asked her to just leave coffee but she said she was all out of regular coffee. I called down to the front desk and asked for coffee—specifying NOT decaf— and creamer. When they arrived, there was only one pack of regular coffee and three decaf, plus only two tiny packets of creamer. The next day, the housekeeper again did not leave regular coffee, and we had to call down. (I will say that this time they sent up a small bag of the creamers, but again...only two regular coffees.)

The other small issue was that we had just flown in from UK and were too tired to go out for dinner, so we requested room service. They promised it within 30 minutes, but it was hours before it was finally delivered, by which time we both asleep. However, it arrived with a sincere apology, and they said that it would be free of charge (which it indeed was).

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
ThomasBeth, Director of Ops at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed our guestrooms and the Westin Heavenly Beds. I would like to sincerely apologize for the lack of attention to detail per your request for additional coffee creamer and regular coffee. I have shared your review with our operations team to ensure that we are paying close attention to each of our guests’ needs as well as timing on our room service. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the Westin Waltham Boston.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The wife and I rolled the dice on a travel site special for an unnamed 4 star hotel and ended up here. I like the Westin chain for business travel so was glad to see this is where we ended up.

All in all a very good property with comfortable rooms/beds and a friendly, accomodating staff. In particular I would like to thank Omar and Cedric at the front desk who were both very friendly and helpful and deserve to be commended.

We did experience a couple things that kept this from being a 5/5 review (I'd give it 4.5 if I could.) The first was that when we arrived and headed up to our room and opened the door, it turned out that the room was occupied. Fortunately, there was no interaction with the guest staying there as that could have been awkward on both sides. Upon returning to the lobby it appeared the system showed the room was supposed to be empty but was not. Omar quickly got us moved to a different room (at least as good as the first and on a higher floor) and gave us breakfast vouchers and was very apologetic for the mix up. The other area for improvement was the condition of the parking garage. If you are going to charge $18 a day for your guests to park you could clean the elevator once in a while and maybe clear out the plethora of spiders nesting just outside it. Not how I would build value to convert customer to use valet parking. Finally when we tried to order pickup from the restaurant downstairs we kept getting routed through the Service express desk qhen they wouldn't pick up and the lady answering was not nearly as friendly as the other employees. We ended up giving up and ordering delivery via GrubHub. All minor issues but room for improvement there.

Location is convenient to Boston and Salem and I would have no issue returning in the future while exploring the area.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018

I didn't actually stay at this hotel but I attempted to book a room here the night of the gas explosions in Merrimack Valley and literally in the middle of my booking the price jumped from 190 to 300. Not only was that the night of the gas explosions but also the weekend of the hurricanes in NC so finding places to stay was already incredibly tough. I called the hotel reservations line because I was so shocked but they said they couldn't do anything about it. I also contacted the help line via twitter and didn't get far there either. Said they would share my price gouging concerns with the GM and that the GM would be in touch with me...which of course never happened.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
ThomasBeth, Director of Ops at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback, LaShawn S. I sincerely apologize for the price jump due to the availability changing at our hotel during that time. We understand how frustrating this must have been, and we regret that we were unable to accommodate you with the original listed price. We will certainly bring this valued feedback to the attention of our management staff for their review and follow-up. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to welcome you to the Westin Waltham Boston for any future stays to make up for the trouble you experienced this time around.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

There were quite a few choices for gluten free eating but that flourless chocolate cake is one of the best I’ve ever had. I did not experience any discomfort which tells me it wasn’t loaded with high fructose corn syrup - something important to avoid for those suffering from gluten sensitivities or celiac disease. It’s safe to indulge. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Check rooms before settling in. AC’s are old. Place needs a lift.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
ThomasBeth, Director of Operations at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your restaurant experience during your stay at the Westin Waltham Boston. We are thrilled to share your kind words with our Food and Beverage department! Thank you again for your review. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I reviewed this hotel before, i think i gave it a reasonable review because it has the 'Heavenly' products. But that was then, this is now and you can only put lipstick on apig for so long - this place is a dump. It feels unclean, in the common areas the carpets feel dirty, the seats are old, the paneling is chipped and scratched.

The restaurant has a tired and over priced menu - predictable, tired, lazy. The bar serves nasty drinks - i like a Greyhound - the Grapefruit juice last saw a tree several years ago, there is no real attempt to meet the modern norms either in the common spaces, the restaurant or the bar area. Its tired, its dated but it has pretensions.

So then the room - same story, tired, used to be good, used to feel crisp and clean, now it feels shabby, old and used, the bathroom was dirty, the surfaces cracked and re-grouted, the toilet was loose on the floor, the bathtub was grimy. The bed is still comfy, but now the desk is chipped, the window is screwed shut and unable to be opened, the Air Con is so loud i have to turn it off to sleep.

This place used to be okay - corporate, but okay, now it is the other side of okay. IT's tired, dated and lazy, hope it improves itself soon.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
ThomasBeth, Director of Operations at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback ElRatler. We sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations in several areas during your recent stay. We appreciate our guests who take the time to let us know about opportunities of improvement our hotel needs. Your review has been shared with our management team to take a look at the different departments you brought to our attention including the restaurant and guestrooms. Thank you again for your review. We hope to welcome you back for a much more pleasant stay.