“Tea for every special occasion and feeling extra”
Review of Fancy That

Fancy That
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Walpole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Simply girly tea perfection! Thanks a bunch to my friend for finding this gem and treating me tea at this lovely business. Originally she e-mailed the owner to attempt to make a reservation within 2 weeks of our desired date, but this place was already all booked up. Lucky for us someone else canceled their reservation and we were able to pick up the time! At $26/person it's a bit pricey for just tea and treats considering you could get a very filling meal elsewhere at several restaurants. However, after my experience at the Sea Grille, I can't complain about the cost one bit!

The business owner, Sarah and her husband greeted us when we arrived and ushered us into the semi-private Pink room for our reservation to pick our teas for them to start brewing. They presented us an extensive menu with many different types of teas, several imported. There was even an loose insert page showing the NEW teas. Since it was our first time here we went with the classics "Paris" (fruity bergamont) and "Royal Wedding". Everything set up in the room was utterly adorable! The one downside is that it is clearly targeted for females or pink lovers, so it may not be a place that would be good for dates. When our tea pots arrived they also had these lovely tea warmer cozy covers to keep the tea hot so we could take our time sipping.

Our 2-person tier tray of sweets and mini-sandwiches also arrived soon after. We snacked on scones with the wonderful clotted cream (new delight!) and jam. There were cupcakes, macaroons and tasty savory sandwiches. I was surprised that near the end I was actually getting quite full (maybe mostly with liquids) and they provided us with a to-go box to save the rest of the morsels for later.

Fancy That has several rooms on the first floor for private tea and reservations are required since I believe the whole place can only accommodate up to ~20 people. They also have more open tables in the front for 2-4 people. As you we were waiting around during our reservation, we also perused through the gift shop. She has all of the cutest tea accompaniments such as tea pot cozies, tea cup night lights, tea cup holders, various teas from the menu and tea sugars. Of course I LOVED the Paris tea so much we picked up a 20 sachet tin of them for $9, and later on I ordered more directly from Harney & Sons. (Here's the collector in me coming into play.) Occasionally they will also host events. I went to their open house with my friends sampling the newest Pink Tea and Pink Hot Chocolate.

I'm not sure what other occasions are coming up but I'm already thinking of ideas to gather my lady friends for a lovely tea party.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I recently took my mother in law and sisters in law who were visiting from Europe to tea at Fancy That. It was my first time there, and all of us were truly impressed. The tea house is quaint and cozy. We all loved the Victorian decor and china. The tea, scones, tea sandwiches, and pastries were delicious! It was nice to treat my in laws to a true afternoon tea experience like they would get back home. Best of all, it is reasonably priced and close to home. I highly recommend Fancy That to afternoon tea aficionados everywhere. I can hardly wait for my next visit! :)

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

What an amazing place! As soon as you enter you are invited to afternoon tea. Every detail from this place has been carefully looked at. This was an afternoon brunch with my mother in law, her friend, my 3 girls (16,11,5) and it was divine. NOTE: Please call ahead for children under 12 years old because they don't have high chairs and there are a lot of delicate china. Lucky for us, our 2 girls acted like ladies and quite honestly, they transformed into ladies pretty much as soon as they entered the place. Large selection of teas amd each of us had our own tea pot with warmer. I have no complaints, from when we entered to when we left was amazing. All treats from the scones, lemon cake, sandwiches (cucumber cream cheese, chicken salad, and caprese) were all very very good. All the desserts were to die for. My 5 year old finished her sandwiches knowing she could touch the macaroons, chocolate mouse, and orange popsicle cupcake. We will be back!! My girls have not stopped talking about it, yes even my little one. It is great we have a place like this locally truly an amazing experience and place.

1  Thank Virginia H
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Was so happy to return to Fancy That again with family. Brad and Sarah do a fabulous job - from the cute and authentic tea room, to the wonderful selection of teas, the food and the many items for purchase. Everything was just lovely. Always look forward to going there when in the Boston area. Their good review in Tea Time Magazine is well deserved. No wonder they continue to be busy. Already looking for and to our next visit!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I visited Fancy That, for the first time, on July 19. It was well worth the ride from Westerly, RI, and at least several more visits will follow. Brad was an awesome host: friendly, competent, extremely helpful, and he had a great sense of humor. The venue is beautifully decorated and the entire afternoon tea experience was delightful. Sandwiches, scones, tea breads, and all of the desserts were wonderful. The selection of teas is vast and extremely interesting. I loved the Royal Wedding Tea, created for Kate and William. We all chose different teas and everyone was very pleased with their various choices. At the end, after a long and very relaxing visit, we were each provided with a pink box, in order to take our leftovers home. Most people really will have leftovers! If you know that you are going to be in the Walpole area, do make a reservation.

1  Thank Mary R

Been to Fancy That? Share your experiences!