“Good Pizza and sandwiches for a good price.”

One Horse Pizzeria and Saloon
Ranked #13 of 48 Restaurants in Swansea
Reviewed 5 January 2016

I have eaten here many times, and have sampled quite a few of the menu items. I'm partial to the pastrami offerings. They use a good cut, very tender and none of the stringyness you find in some. I've had it on the pizza, in a sandwich and as a calzone. Fries are oversized, and tasty. If you dine in, there is a bar which serves beer and other bottled items. One thing that I've noticed is that the pizza isn't consistent. There must be 2 different people that make them, as sometimes the crust is thinner and crunchy, and others it's lighter and fluffy. Both are good, it's just something to note. The salads are large, but fairly generic. Other appetizers are ok, mozzarella sticks and chicken wings are tasty. The gourmet pizza can get a little pricy, but I'm ok with that when I'm getting the quality I expect.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 28 March 2015

We bought 2 pizzas. Both was delivered burnt , it was NOT edible. I called to complain however the person who I spoke with denied my complaint. I will never buy pizza from them again.

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 10 November 2014

Brought some out of town relatives here on a Saturday night after getting a few glowing recommendations from friends. It turned out to be a slightly embarrassing choice. First of all, there was no one in there on a Saturday night at dinner time and the only staff was a bored looking woman behind the counter. Having never been there before we weren't sure if we should sit down to be waited on, or order at the counter - after several uncomfortable minutes standing around like dopes, we were directed to "just sit anywhere". We were handed some paper photocopy menus and when my brother-in-law asked what kind of beer they had, he was directed to look at the cooler behind the counter as the waitress wasn't sure what they had.

The pizza varieties looked really good, I ordered the Sundance Kid only to be told they were out of eggplant. So then I tried to build my own pizza with various veggie toppings, but the waitress had to go back and check because she wasn't sure if they were also out of artichoke hearts and broccoli - seriously, Saturday night dinner time and they're out of two ingredients featured on their specialty pizzas. Husband and BIL got a Pizza De Capocolla and at least everything was available for that one.

It was easily 40-45 minutes before we saw our food (two pizzas and an order of bread knots). Long enough that I finished my first bottle of water, but couldn't get another because...guess what? They were out of bottled water as well. We were still the only people sitting in there, though I did see the delivery guy come out a couple times to get bottled drinks for those orders - so maybe they were doing a booming delivery business that night. The pizza, when it finally did come, was good, but I'm not sure it was good enough to come back, especially if the service/supply issues are normal.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The woman who served us was very nice and accommodating. The food was good and for the price with the Groupon, I'd say the experience was pleasant.

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed 28 December 2013

They have lots of tasty selections to choose from. My favorite is the chicken parm. The portion is so large that I always take another meal portion home.

Date of visit: December 2013