“Creative and unique specials and a wide selection of sushi”

Oishii Too Sushi Bar
Ranked #7 of 35 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2016

The Salmon on Fire special and the King Salmon with truffle (with crispy micro-greens and gold leaf) were standouts from an evening filled with delights. The spicy seafood miso soup was a perfect starter, and I loved the seaweed salad. The oysters were great. The mushroom special had a bit too much starch when the sauce combined with the rice, but the mushrooms were tasty. The softshell crab roll and special tuna sashimi were excellent too. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Oishii Too is definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank nylady21

Reviewed 6 October 2016

The sushi at Oishii is amazing! The preparation is beautiful, the ingredients are fresh and delicious and watching the assembly of the rolls is like watching art being done! I love Oishii Too Sushi Bar in Sudbury!

Reviewed 7 April 2016

We recently visited Oishi and sat at the Sushi Bar. We are Sushi lovers and can safely say that we practically know and frequent most Sushi Restaurants in and west of Boston. We often eat Sushi twice a week. We had not been to Oishi for a while.
The first thing we noticed was that the sushi chefs are not wearing gloves, whereas almost every Sushi restaurant in the area has put this practice into place. We would have been OK with it, if we had not been watching one of the Sushi chefs handle and check his cell phone all the time. The bar was not too busy, so he may have been bored. At some point I saw rice stick to the device (having been transferred from his hands). What went through our minds was that besides that this was inappropriate in general, it raises questions of hygiene. Cell phones are in pockets, on car seats, they fall on the ground, other family members, including children, handle them. Naturally, they are not sanitary, because they travel everywhere and usually are not cleaned very often or at all. They probably are covered in germs. The Sushi chef did not wash his hands after being on his phone. He switched back and forth from checking his phone to food preparation while we were present at the bar. So much for the hygiene.
The quality of the sushi was poor that day, even the appearance left much to be desired of. The salmon looked beautiful, but was absolutely tasteless. Since salmon sashimi is my favorite, I am well familiar with the quality and delicate taste compared to a lot of other restaurants. The miso soup had a peculiar taste.
When the waiter cleared the plate/stand that had held the hand roll, he spilled a lot of soy sauce and it almost spilled all over my husband's shirt sleeve. Instead it spilled on the bar, but he did not even notice and therefore did not clean it up, nor did he apologize, of course.
We are wondering how fresh the fish was because both of us had some stomach issues that evening. The restaurant has always had a very good reputation, but some things have obviously changed. After paying the bill, we felt that we had not gotten our money's worth at all, plus we keep having visions of the sushi chef on his cell phone, then going back to preparing the food without washing hands in between. There was a manager present that evening, so I assume that he approved of the cell phone use during sushi preparation. We will not go back to Oishi.

3  Thank 2011Willow
Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

I was here for a business lunch, and perhaps in the interest of focusing on business we both ordered from the maki special lunch menu. The price was superb, and although the maki selection was a bit limited the food quality we excellent.

Although sushi quality should go without saying, both the yellowtail and salmon rooms were top notch. The miso soup was unexceptional, but in the flip side the salad was very nice (size of helping and dressing taste).

Topping things off was a bottomless cup of a very good quality green tea.

I suspect I might find myself giving this 5 stars if I came here for dinner and explored the menu in more depth. Maybe next time!

1  Thank jmasci
Reviewed 15 March 2016

Service, atmosphere, and food are amazing! Best sushi anywhere. Waitstaff are wonderful. Don't miss the spicy tuna rice salad or the oyster tempura maki!