“Step Back in Time”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Hungry, tired and found this gem by chance! Yes, old tavern dating back to the 1800’s....uneven floor boards, old beams, roaring fireplace, harbor view....truly a gem! Meal was excellent with many choices! Holly, our server, could not have been nicer. We will return to Oxhead again and again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It an old tarven, with great food. During summer has places to sit outside next to lake. Fun just to go and have a drink also.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Very quaint tavern, good food with a deck overlooking the lake. Very close to the Sturbridge host hotel.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

As stated in my review a year ago, the staff of this place is excellent, you could not ask for better. My wife and I stopped in on a Saturday night for supper and were seated immediately. I had the strip steak with green beans and herbed spices. The rice was a sticky rice with a very subtle flavor and I really had to salt it up to get any real taste. The green beans were very good. The steak was smothered in onions so that I could not see it without cutting them away. It was cooked to my desires but it had a lot of grizzle I had to constantly remove and toss away. I only ate half of it. The apple pie crisp for dessert was good with plenty of apples. The wife had the scallops which she said were very good. She also enjoyed the green beans and mashed potatoes. I had the shrimp cocktail for appetizer and the shrimp were good and large. The wife had the crabcakes which she said were very good as well.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We had one round of drinks and some dinner. The food was good but the drinks were pretty pricey. The baked Mac and Cheese with buffalo chicken strips was pretty good. Just enough cheese t be creamy without being messy.