“Peaceful”

National Shrine of the Divine Mercy
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Stockbridge
Reviewed 13 October 2014

This was on my bucket list, and I was not disappointed. Beautiful grounds. Very peaceful! A perfect setting to renew and reflect. The gift shop has a nice assortment and helpful staff. There are many areas to be found while walking the grounds to sit and soak in the peace and beauty.

4  Thank MRW22
"close to downtown"
"plan to return"
"breathtaking views"

Reviewed 29 September 2014

The life sized stations of the cross with a backdrop of the Berkshires...simply breathtaking. A very serene and holy experience is created for you at this shrine. I left feeling calm and very close to God. Can't wait to go back.

2  Thank LisaGworcester
Reviewed 27 September 2014

You can't help but feel spiritual walking the grounds - the Stations of the Cross are exquisite! I walked down the path to the Grotto of Lourdes which was also lovely! Just beautiful!

1  Thank mar408
Reviewed 22 September 2014

If going to Mass, get there early. I arrived close to Mass time and it was full, standing room only for us late arrivals. Much more beautiful than the pictures. MUST visit. Many areas for prayer and meditation, some more accessible than others. It was the end of summer; should have brought mosquito repellent for when visiting the areas among the woods.

3  Thank Diana R
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 September 2014

I have always wanted to go to religious places, and this place is a perfect site for pilgrimages and place for prayer.My husband is from Massachusetts, but he's never been to this place.Then we visited his family to attend his Mom's birthday, the family asked me where do I want to go in Mass so I suggested to see this place.The place is in Eden Hill, It was truly a serene place for prayer.We were fortunate to attend a mass around 2pm on a Saturday,after the mass the Divine Mercy Chaplet was recited then benediction and exposition of the Blessed Sacrament.My mother -in-law said that this is the first she's been there that she doesn't need to walk far, we hopped out of our car Infront of the Shrine.There's a wide parking lot across the church.We also visited their gift shop,very nice selections of merchandise.Definitely,I will visit this place again when I visit Massachusetts.

1  Thank Rosalin S