All reviewsred jacketindoor poola river view roomkids clubcape codbreakfast buffetoutdoor grillmagic showocean frontzero entrypool sidefamily roomfamily vacationkids activitiesoceanfront roomin seasonbit dated
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Just returned from a wonderful vacation at Red Jacket Beach Resort with our family. Without doubt one of our favorite hotels! Where to start? Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed with smiles by the staff. To name a few; Marge the Concierge to assist with any activities, dinner reservations or just a taxi. Diane at the front desk to assist with your check in. Tony to help with you bags (with his "contagious " smile)!

The rooms are large and clean. We had an ocean front balcony. We also, love to sit in the Pavilion over looking the beach and listening to entertainment every afternoon. The Pavilion is where we would visit our bartenders (special shout out from Billy)
Dee, Tom and Mike; fantastic staff. Beach Staff helped us with chairs, umbrella, drinks and food on the beach. We had everything we needed at the resort and didn't feel like we needed to leave the property.

The girls have a great time here with the indoor and outdoor pools and of course the well groomed beach. The kids had daily activities they could take part in at the Kids Club. We also, took advantage of the parasailing and jet skiing!

The dining room offered a daily buffet or ordering from a limited menu. We always went with the buffet; Saturday night "Roasted Night", one of our favorites! You will also find Jill (the sweetest) in the dining room, smiling and tending to your dining experience.

Also, want to shout out to Hollie who continuously walks the resort property making sure everyone is enjoying there stay and tending to any request or needs you may have. Always smiling even after such long days!

The atmosphere really felt like home to us.

The staff at the Red Jacket Beach Resort can't do enough for you!

All respect for the general manager who does a great job here; a true sample of excellent hospitality!

Truly a fantastic place and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank lfb20172017
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Really is all you need in a resort, pool, gas fire pit, outdoor lounge/bar w a band at times, and the beach! All within 1 min walk from your room. Great for families, stilll fun for couples as well! Hyannis traffic takes getting used too 30 min give or take to get there. Great central location to rest of cape towns and beaches! Would stay again highly recommend

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keith S
Management response:Responded 13 September 2017

Hello Keith,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us!
We look forward to seeing you in 2018!

Best,
Hollie Handrahan

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I booked a last minute (11th hour) get away to the Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa for me and my 4 young children. Hubby stayed home as he had to work and I booked this trip at the last minute was material for my travel blog Have Kiddos Will Travel. By 11th hour, I mean that I booked the room at 6 pm on Saturday and was on the road by 6:53 pm. I paid full price for the room and all opinions are my own based on my family's experience. I got the last available room in the peak of the summer season and understood it would be facing a parking lot. The drive from CT to Cape Cod that late on a Saturday was smooth and we arrived 3 hours later. When we pulled into the resort, there was not one parking spot in view (there was a BMW taking up 2 spots and that left a sour taste in my mouth). Because I was traveling alone with 4 kids, I had to park in the back lot and walk with all our luggage and a sleeping 4 year old in my arms. This was not a good first impression. One of the negatives of arriving late to beach side hotels is the lack of service. The front desk worker checked me in, but did not review any of the amenities nor locations of things within the resort. As I am a travel blogger, I did not appreciate having to dig through paperwork at 10:30 pm to find the wifi password. More on the wifi later, as the service was slow.

I must admit that I was completely unimpressed with the room. To call it a "resort" is a stretch, as it had a motel feel and is in desperate need of an upgrade. Having stayed previously at the Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster and rented several beach front Cape homes, I was disappointment in the room considering the rate. I was hopeful that the beachfront location would make up for the "motel" feel of the room. As I read the resort information and schedule, I was disappointed to find out that there is no kids club on Sunday. We were there for 2 nights, for the sole purpose of reviewing the family friendly activities and thus missed out during a full day of our stay. The room also does not have a safe. This was an issue as I was traveling which expensive camera equipment and ended up not using my real camera much around the resort as I did not feel safe displaying it with a place to lock it when not using it.

I traveled to the Cape in order to write a blog post about a last minute trip to Cape Cod in the in season. The Red Jacket Beach Resort and Spa allowed me to accomplish this, but I will probably not return. I work from home and am a travel-blogger which made the fact that the internet service was slow a real pain. I had to run payroll one morning and it took 20 minutes for me to accomplish something that takes me 5 minutes at home. The wifi basically never worked on my phone and I was doing a live trip report for my blog. I had to disconnect from wifi to upload pictures and videos which ate up my data. Also, due to the spotty wifi, my cell phone kept draining the battery. I travel with a battery case and a backup travel charger. I used both daily and phone still died. Ughhh. So much for working and writing while traveling.

Positives
-My kids loved the kids club. It was perfect for my 9 and 6 year old, but my 12 year old had no interest. Please note: kids must be 5 to participate and thus my 4 year old could not participate. I am traveling to the Nonantum Resort in Maine next weekend and I look forward to seeing how that kids club compares.
-My kids enjoyed the outdoor pool. The water was warm and clean. Seating was an issue for me, as every chair was covered in used towels and I couldn't tell if they were in fact being used or if folks just moved in. Also, they never had clean towels available near the pool, I had to keep sending my 2 big kiddos to the beach or indoor pool to get us towels.
-My daughter lost her silver earring in the pool and it was turned into the front desk. It was a birthday gift and thus we were very happy to have it back.
-While the room is dated and small, housekeeping was great. Our room was cleaned in a timely manner. I can deal with dated if it's clean.
-They offered a lot of kid’s activities. Sign up early in the week because they fill out. My kids were very disappointed about this.
-Fishing derby. My kids got to participate in the fishing derby and really enjoyed it. The kids club employees remembered their names and they felt special.

Needs improvement:
-Lack of information given to guests upon arrival
-No outlet near the only table in room. I had to work during my stay and ended up having to work while sitting on the bed.
-Bring your own laundry bag is you are staying longer than one night. The one that's left in the room is tiny. It's not big enough for a 2 night stay, much less for a family staying for 7 nights.
-The toilet and tub portion of the bathroom is tiny. It was so tight that it was almost impossible for me to assist my little ones with the potty and baths. The entire bathroom is dated and the water pressure makes getting off sunblock and sand very difficult.
-I understand that this is a family resort, as I travel all the time with 4 kids. I don't understand why guests don't supervise or parent their children. The indoor pool was unsafe with kids pushing and shoving into each other in the water. Also, kids pushing, splashing and almost landing on my 4 year old. The fact that parents allow young children to run around unsupervised and act in ways that put others in danger is unacceptable to me. We went to the indoor pool once during our stay and lasted about 10 minutes before I made my kids leave. As we were walking out a bunch of kids were playing ping pong and pushed my young daughter. Where were the parents?
-The bathroom and pool towels are miniature. They were perfect for my 6 and 4 year old, but everyone else complained about how tiny they were. These are the same towels that are used for the pool and beach. We basically needed 3 towels per person every time we went to the pool. Only went to the beach once (more on why to follow).
- I picked this "resort" because of the beachfront location and the fact that I would not have to park and drag beach chairs, umbrellas etc. to the beach while traveling alone with 4 kids. One the first day, my kids wanted to go to the pool first and by the time we went to the beach, they only had sitting chairs available and no loungers. This was strike one. Once I sat on the beach for a while and observed the fact that folks got up and left and were leaving the used towels on the loungers. Rather than employees following them and cleaning up to reuse the lounge chairs for other guests, they sat there empty for hours on end while other guests got turned away. This is bad customer service and a training opportunity for management. We ended up leaving the resort and visiting other area beaches because my children refused to go in the water there. The beach is a combination of river and sound and thus looks very cloudy. My kids swim at a lake at home and were looking forward to a beach experience. They wanted to leave after 20 minutes and I was disappointed. I could have stayed at any other resort if they were only going to use the pool.
-Guests travel here for a week with extended family and friends and act like they are staying in a private home. As a result, some of the pool front rooms are a mess and they bring their mess out to the porch or deck and thus we as guests were forced to see that. That's not my piece of cake. There was a woman drinking a beer out of a can at 8:00 am on Sunday morning and was still drunk from the night before. Once again, not to appear boogie, but this is not our cup of tea.
-There is no way that you can swim in the pool and actually relax. I was forced to jump in due to how hot it was one afternoon and was constantly pushed and splashed by kids. Mind you I have 4 kids, but I have never seen such out of control children. Once again, I had no clue where the parents were.
-My eldest daughter is a fish and will pretty much swim in anything. She disliked the hotel indoor pool and beach. She said the water was full of seaweed and it was freezing. She did go in the water at every other Cape beach that we visited including Chatham which is in fact freezing.
-The resort gives you access to any of the other Red Jacket resorts in the area, but good luck finding parking at any of them during the in season.

We love Cape Cod and will be back, but will return to Ocean Edge or try one of the newer resorts in South Yarmouth.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Ruth M
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Summary: First and foremost, this resort offers the "full package". Great location, beachfront, outdoor (normal and kiddie pool) and indoor pools. For this reason alone I thought it was a great place for my family. I can't stress enough that this is a place to go with kids. I would highly suggest you look elsewhere for any couples occasion getaway. Food selections were limited in my opinion, however going off the resort is always an option. For the price, I felt that the rooms should have been more updated and without that "musty" feeling. As a whole, I would definitely go back for the location and amenities available for the family, I just hope they decide to put some money back to keep this place in good shape!

Beach / Pools: Great!

Service: No complaints, from the check in the the bartenders / servers and the housekeepers, everyone was polite and helpful

Food: Mediocre at best. Breakfast buffet was good, nothing special, enjoyed the lunch grill, burgers were decent, options a little limited. Only had dinner once from the pub and again wasn't bad but not great by any means.

Rooms: Again the location and views can't be be beat, but I agree while clean that they are a bit outdated at this point. I agree with other reviewers on the "musty" smells. To be honest I could live with it, however for the price you are paying per night I would expect more.

Room Tip: Top floor if you don't want to hear kids running above you, if you have the $$ go ocean front
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Cant beat the views. Food pretty good nothing great. But the poolis heated outside. Aveda spa onsite. Staff fantastic - Diane is wonderful. Kids camp and activities are good. Yoga on the beach. Themed dinners are meh, but I'm a foodie. The bar was good as was the pool lunch. The fishing dock is great for the kids to practice. This is the resort for you if you want to keepit low key and relax.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family