Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$297
Blue Rock Resort(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$166
Riviera Beach Resort(South Yarmouth)
US$178
  • Pool
Parkers River Resort(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$111
All Seasons Resort(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$128
Blue Water on the Ocean(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$178
Hotels.com
Ocean Club On Smugglers' Beach(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$173
Travelocity
The Escape Inn(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$111
Surfcomber on the Ocean(South Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$119
Cape Cod Irish Village(South Yarmouth)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsred jacketindoor pooljohn paynecape codkids cluba river view roombreakfast buffetoutdoor grillmagic showocean frontnext yearzero entrypool sidefamily roomdaily activitiesfamily vacationchairs and umbrellas
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Thank you so much to the Red Jacket Resorts for putting together another great event. I spend my summers with my family of 5 at the Riviera Red Jacket and as usual they go above and beyond for everything. I live in Mass. so I am very familiar wth Cape Cod and unlike NH the Cape has little beachside space so NH size rooms are not available But what they lack in size they make up in costumer service. I arrived at the 2nd annual Halloween Bash for our first time and was delighted with the haunted front entrance (as were my children). We were then driven to our room in a golf cart with all of our bags. The kids enjoyed hot cocoa and roasting marshmallows Friday night on the beach followed by a movie while swimming in the pool.(so cool). Saturday was just as enjoyable. Unfortunately the weather was not on our side. The Halloween Bash for adults was a lot of fun and even more enjoyable was knowing the kids were safely being taken care of. (although the kids would have loved to have their own dance in the kids room). All in all the Red Jacket is a great place and I'm spreading the word for next year. Thank you to all the staff who go above and beyond. This is our home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Thanks for your Halloween weekend review.....This was just the begining to a tradition of Halloween Happenings at Red Jacket Beach Resort....Each year should get even better!

Reviewed 1 November 2011

My husband and I just stayed at Red Jacket during the 2nd Annual Haunted Halloween weekend. We arrived late Friday the 28th. We checked in and were told that we were in room 146. After given a map we found we were the farthest room from the parking lot and office and we had to carry most of our stuff in the pouring rain and wind as there was no parking anywhere near our room. We arrived to a very nice corner room with a Jacuzzi tub and a wonderful view of the water. Since we were expecting a pool/parking lot view room, we were not going to complain about the hike to get to the room. The room was huge and very nice. We had a nice drink at the on site pub and then went to bed. At 4am, the children in the room next door were screaming their heads off. Room 146 has a connecting door to room 145, so you could hear EVERYTHING and those kids would not stop banging around and crying. By 8am, they were either up and gone or had tired themselves out. Another thing about room 146 it is looks directly at the playground, so we had a few kids screaming outside our window. We puttered around the resort and the local attractions that day. We didn’t make it too far due to the impending storm. The Halloween Costume Ball was a blast. The band was so so, but as they said themselves, the more you drink the better we sound. We were woken up at 7am again by the kids next door crying and screaming. We were able to check out by 10. Other than the kids next door and their early AM tantrums and the fact we were as far away from the parking lot as possible – it was not a bad trip. I’ll make sure next time to ask for another room if given the option.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

We appreciate your review after attending our Haunted Hotel Halloween weekend. We wish the weather had been a little better (major wind and rain) though most like yourselves had a great time. It seems that children eager to participate in all the activities we planned throughout the weekend also put a damper on a completley quiet time, we did have a lot of families with us taking advantage of the weekend package. As I noted in a note we will do a better job of seperating the couples and the kids for future Halloweens.

Reviewed 28 October 2011

we have been going to red jacket for 9 years and absolutely love this place. what wonderful service you receive. we have brought our children and grandchildren through the years and we just love the amenities. we just celebrated our 40th anniversary there and it was wonderful. cant wait to visit next year.

Room Tip: riverside rooms are quieter, but if u want to be by pool choose poolside
1  Thank patti f
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Stayed here before in the fall for a weekend getaway a year or two ago and decided to come back for the Columbus Day weekend. If such a thing were possible, we enjoyed it even more than the last time we stayed!

Rooms are impeccably neat and clean. Room had a refrigerator, perfect for storing drinks and food items. Just wish there were coffee makers in the room as well - however, there is free coffee in the lobby in the mornings so I just went to get our coffee and then enjoyed a leisurely cup out on the deck of the room.

We stayed in a riverview room this time around (last time we stayed in an oceanfront) and loved the view from our room: watched the sun go down over the salt pond each night from the private deck where we sipped our evening cocktails. Grounds are immaculate and you are right on the ocean, which was the perfect spot for viewing the fireworks Sunday night during the Seaside Festival!

Good breakfasts - we had a $75 resort credit so we had breakfast every day in their dining room. French toast was terrific, Belgian waffles the next day were even better, and my husband swore by the breakfast buffet (which had a terrific Quiche Lorraine the first morning we were there, so disappointed not to see it the next two mornings!).

Staff was courteous and helpful throughtout our stay. Indoor pool and jacuzzi perfect if you want to swim but it's a bit too cool to do so outside. Would most definitely stay here again. Hotel is very centrally located to everything in Yarmouth and Hyannis and the view, along with the price in the off season, make it worth it. Not far from anything on the Cape actually - our daytrip to Provincetown was one hour each way (though I suspect during the summer it takes a lot longer).

Some visitors may find the rooms dated. While that may be somewhat true, I will take clean rooms, impeccable service, and beachfront location an day of the week. Location and price in the off season can't be beat, along with the service, which is why they are getting 5 stars from me!

3  Thank Bellefior
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

We really appreciate your thoughtfull remarks, I will share them with the staff everyone enjoys the feedback.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

We recently stayed at this resort and our stay was average but it only takes one incident to leave you feeling disappointed.

My 5 year old was on the deck outside of our room and a fresh nail that was not secured in a split board punctured the bottom of his foot and removed a decent chunk of skin.  We were given antibiotics and bandaids, maintenance responded and replaced the split board with a new board and screwed it in.  I understand this wasn't malicious, but this nail was so fresh and the board was severely split, it should have been replaced and was clearly overdue.  What bothered me most was receiving less attention than another guest who was comped free food because the food item they ordered wasn't available.

My child was injured by something preventable and hobbled on his sore foot while he should've been enjoying our expensive stay. There was little concern after mentioning it a 2nd time upon checkout.  Given the extent of the injury, we contacted our doctor the next day, his shots were up to date and our doctor indicated we did the right thing by having them take a quick look at him, to our doctor's credit we were not charged.  After mentioning this incident a second time upon checkout and indicating we would be calling the doctor there was still no response. I finally asked what should we do if there was a bill from this incident and I was told to contact the resort.

I followed up with an email outlining my concerns, I've received at least 15 marketing emails but no response to date 9 weeks later.

I understand Cape Cod is not full off Marriott quality hotels, but for the price I would expect a little bit more, everything is old and has not been updated, apparently they are working on that now, but I'm certain they'll charge you $600 instead of almost $400/ night. They also need to enforce the rules, too many adults drinking bottled beer close to the pool. The staff could kindly hand those guests a plastic cup.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank djc3232
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

We are sorry that your child experienced a minor injury at the hotel during your visit. The deck situation in question was followed up on immediatly. We did have a couple of conversations while you were here on property. I know that there were also some follow up discussions and I personally responded in detail to what I believe was the most recent e mail sent by a family member. We have been assured many times that there was no harm and are a little perplexed as to what any expected compensation might include.