“Great Pho”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 October 2017

This is a small, family run restaurant offering terrific and authetic Vietnamese food. I opted for the large bowl of beef Pho with a wide range of ingredients. It came witn fresh lime and basil as well as bean sprouts. It was as good as any I have had including San Francisco. We shared fresh rolls with shriimp and peanut sauce. There were specials not not all available. We wanted Vietnamese pancake or twin lobster with ginger. The waiter tolld us to call ahead or come another night. This was a great stop for something different on the Cape.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Visited based on reviews, nice little place no frills, the owners mingle with diners which is nice.
Interesting menu, they are happy to explain options.
Food comes quickly and is good quality and tasty.
Prices are reasonable but not cheap.
Good independent place worth trying.
Would return if in the area again.

1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 22 September 2017

My husband recently spent a week in Cape Cod and found the area filled with amazing food but not much Asian cuisine. I am Asian but don't generally eat too much Asian except on vacation. After sampling all sorts of cuisine in the area, we were craving some great Asian food and came across this restaurant near our airbnb.

We got there almost closing time because we spent most of our day on the beach and arrived starving. The owner greeted us with a warm smile and got us a seat. The atmosphere is rather authentic Asian in that the emphasis of the restaurant is not on the decor but rather the food. Everything including the table setting was basic.

But boy was the food good. We are visiting Vietnam later this year. But I am pretty sure that this place rivals restaurants there. I had a salmon dish cooked in clay pot. Amazing. I don't remember what my husband had. His was good too.

If you are in the area, don't miss out on eating here. Don't expect fine dining and you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank funtravelfreak
Reviewed 10 September 2017

This is one of the great places you can go at the Cape when you choose to have asian food... Its authentic. Sometimes it takes a while for your meal to come, that is because they cook as you order. I usually get their Flounder, as I never get this to any Asian or Vietnamese place around. It is serve fresh hot and crispy and is best when you eat with rice. Other meals are great too- the shrimp, twin lobsters and the rice noodle cuisines. For a cool weather, try the Pho... The price varies. The specialties can be pricy so ask the server first before you order so you don't get shocked when your tab comes. Other dishes are reasonably priced. The restaurant is better than years before, it is renovated and with more tables to accommodate large party, but still small in comparison to other restaurants around. Parking is not a problem; and depending on the days and time, there can be a wait...

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I took my wife and son (11 years) to Thuan Loi. The food was excellent. For appitizers we had the fried spring rolls and the fresh spring rolls. Both were very good but I thought the fresh rolls were better. I had the beef pho (excellent) and my wife had the chicken pho (very good). My son had the pork fried rice (very good). My wife and I split the fried lobster which was excellent. We were hesitant about choosing the fried lobster but the chef strongly recommended it and we were not disappointed. Everything was very fresh and prepared well

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

A great place in South Yarmouth near the Bass River on Rt 28.

1  Thank aladd0417