All reviews cape cod chairs and umbrellas outdoor pool late checkout private beach parking lot chowder house front desk staff beach bar mother's day beach staff movie night banana boat fun activities nice beach next year in season
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Great hotel on the water. Clean rooms, beach access, great breakfast included in our package. Perfect for relaxing. My only negative would be specific to me. My room was a patio room with a beautiful courtyard of gardens. But As a solo traveler, it would be nice to have been located in the main building where the indoor pool and gym are so I could use it after dark. It boggles my mind that when assigning rooms, hotels do not take that into consideration.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
ChrisM13678, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Water on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I am glad you enjoyed the property and the amenities we offer. We are very proud of our gardens and pristine beach.
I appreciate your concerns regarding the location of the rooms assigned to a solo traveler. I have spoken to our reservation supervisor and we will be more alert and sensitive to this concern in the future.
I hope to see you back on the beach very soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Fantastic service. Especially on the overnight. My wife sometimes gets up early and the staff. Especially Rick and Barbara were extremely nice and friendly and helpful. Even went so far as to make a fresh pot of coffee at an early hour. All amenities were first rate as expected. From the housekeepers to the beach staff and pool bar bartenders. Highly recommend. Will be vacationing here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

We are so proud of our wonderful staff and appreciate the kudos given to Barbara and Rick. We try every day to provide a good value,great service in a wonderful location. We look forward to being your hosts when you visit Cape Cod again.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Went there for Mother's Day. 2 adults 3 kids. Clean, big suite, townhouse. Bedroom with 2 beds. Living room with pull out. Kitchen area. On beach. Restaurant on premises.free parking. Friendly staff. Close drive to everything. Nice staff.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service in a wonderful location. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay here. Like so many places, you have to understand what you’re getting.

They rooms are clean and comfortable but not marble bathrooms, etc. Our room had a nice view of the beach and the Sound.

The restaurant was GREAT for breakfast and the outside snack bar was nice also. The beach bar was a lot of fun. The pool was nice and the beach just steps away. Most other things are a mile or two away.

Cell coverage was spotty but the hotel had free WiFi. Parking is tight but they were able to accommodate another car (for a fee).

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

I would gladly stay at

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank richardu6

Thank you for taking the time to review us. So happy you enjoyed the facilities and the food outlets. We are a mature property but are constantly upgrading our guest rooms every year in order to make your next stay even more enjoyable. Hope to see you on the beach in 2019.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

We paid $500 a night for an updated ocean view room. We got an old room with the view of a roof. Asked to move, got another old room with a view of a tree but if you went out in the teeny tiny balcony you could see a glimpse of the ocean. Moved again and they gave us ocean FRONT which did have beautiful views - the caveat was we had to move on or last night back to a view less room because the ocean room was booked. There was a major difference in the furniture, AC, wallpaper and everything between the ocean front and “view” rooms. To give the place credit, the manager was super nice and accommodating (but apparently this is a known issue and I’m pretty sure neither of the “ocean view” rooms we got were actually ocean view - I think they ran out of the closer ones - see pics -1st two “view” room, 3rd ocean front and 4th showing map. Rooms 201-204 are front, 211 was “view” but my guess is views end at 207 and 208) The location on the beach was amazing and that made the whole trip worth it. But the place is run down overall. The outside pool has had a lot of patching up but is nicely placed near the ocean. The indoor pool was gross as was the jacuzzi. The place as a whole smelled musty and we didn’t go in the restaurant because it was in a basement and just felt weird. IF I return here I’d only go with the ocean front or I’d find another property.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Karliesjz
Chris M, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Water on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor. We are constantly renovating and updating our accommodations for a more pleasant guest experience. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations in regard to the type of view the different rooms have and the décor reflected in each room. It has been a difficult summer with the extreme humidity and heat that intensifies the mustiness issue we face being directly on the beach. This is no excuse for any offensive odors and we try very hard to eliminate as much as possible. I hope you do return to be our guest the next time you visit Cape Cod.