“Fabulous 2 hour boat rental”

Ship Shops Power Boat Rentals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Power boat rentals on site in the water ready to go. Also a full service boat yard on The Bass River,Cape Cod, one mile from Nantucket Sound. Evinrude and Suzuki outboard sales, Mercruiser repairs. Home of Cape Cod Power Boat Rentals
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

We rented a boat for 2 hours and loved our experience! Service was amazing-they were extremely friendly on the phone & in person. Gave us a great tutorial on where to take the boat & how to operate the boat safely. Great time swimming and picnicking on the 24 foot boat. Would definitely recommend and use them again.

Date of experience: August 2016
boatguy1, Owner at Ship Shops Power Boat Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2016

Thanks so much !. Glad you enjoyed it. Our crew tries to make as much fun as it should be. Come back for an entire day sometime !

All reviews
"fishing"
"blast"
"sand"

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

This is your 'go to' spot for boaters in the Bass River area. I have done business with Ship Shops for more decades than I would care to admit to....anyway, they are the spot for boaters to fuel up or if you need something. You can rent a power boat in the 20 ft range for a half day or a whole day. I owned boats that I moored or kept on a slip in the Bass River for decades. I got a tow from them years before GPS and cell phones.... I lost a shear pin and was stuck in open water. I don't remember how they came about finding me, but I vividly remember that they showed up in a workboat and towed my sorry bilge-rat self in. That was years and years ago....but to this day, Ship Shops is the dependable place and I would never go elsewhere. They are a small local company that is honest and fair.

Date of experience: May 2016
2  Thank Squeaky104
boatguy1, Owner at Ship Shops Power Boat Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Thank You !
Glad we could help that day. You're right about being here a long time but we love what we do for the area in the service and boat rental biz.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

My girlfriend and I rented a boat for the day this past weekend and could not be happier with our experience.

Check-in/paperwork was a breeze up front and we were in the boat loaded with all of our stuff in no time. Marty, the man who got us set up on the boat, was fantastic! He answered any questions we had and made to sure to explain the best places to visit, how to work the GPS, places to avoid, and most importantly tips to operating the boat. I have only operated a boat twice and his instructions made me feel as comfortable as I needed to be.

In no time we were off exploring. Chatham was about a 40 minute ride east which is where we went. They have a route set up in the GPS to cruise over to Hyannis (about an hour west), but we elected to explore elsewhere. It's really cool that they have the route set up so you basically just stay on the green line on the screen and you will have no issues!

Also one cool feature the GPS has is that it leaves a red line wherever you go, so if you made it somewhere safely, just follow the red line back and you will be all set!

The boat itself was great (20 ft bow rider). Lots of space, easy to operate, and even had a little power when we were out on the open water. Plenty of room to bring chairs, coolers, etc.

One thing to note is that the price online does not include tax and gas. We went to Chatham and back and it cost ~$40 in fuel.

Overall, we had a great experience and are looking forward to visiting again next season. What a great group of people and fantastic boats to rent. Thanks for a great first boating experience!!

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank BobbyJames286
boatguy1, Owner at Ship Shops Power Boat Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

Thanks so much! You picked a perfect day. Obviously had no problems with navigation or operation of the boat which makes it easier on both of us!
Hope to see you next year, you'll be able to pretty much just jump in and go. I would try our 24 foot boat. It makes a huge difference.

Thanks again

Reviewed 14 September 2015

We rented a boat in late August from Ship Shop. I had a little previous boating experience, but not a ton. They were fantastic, from the moment we arrived until the moment we returned. Very helpful, friendly, and the Boat was great! Highly recommend them and look forward to doing it next summer as well.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank natemackin
boatguy1, Owner at Ship Shops Power Boat Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Our entire crew thanks you !. They strive to make it fun and take the stress out especially for newer boaters. Glad you enjoyed it, come back as you are ready for a bigger boat !