See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

We had to leave our location as it was dirty and unacceptable. We were already in Harwich and lucky enough to get the room for the remainder of our vacation. The motel is older but clean and the owner is so kind friendly and accommodating.
We are considering a return visit. The location is great also, you can walk to restaurants and ice cream and drive to anywhere. The pool is lovely and right outside your door.
As for dogs ours was so unhappy where we were and totally relaxed upon on check in.
As for changing prices, the owner let us check in early and had not raised the price for last minute arrival knowing we had no where else to go.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Expedition580850
Reviewed 5 August 2015

We found ourselves needing a hotel in Harwich Port. First off, the motel office is dirty and is home to two huge German Shepherds. The smell is overpowering. The woman working there who may be the owner is confrontational and unhelpful. We rented a room and on entering it were overpowered by a musty odor suggesting the place hadn't received a proper cleaning since the 1970s. Rug was dirty, sheets were threadbare. Bedspreads / comforters old.......

Date of stay: July 2015
8  Thank SmartTraveler2015
Reviewed 3 August 2015

After confirmation of $307 for two nights from Booking.com, I was charged $205 per night plus tax. ($451 total) Upon check in, they tried to charge me $280 per night, plus additional pet fees.($40 per night) In room, AC was off, took 2 hours to cool room, with my own fan!
Dogs were miserable, grassy area covered in feces. I was the only one picking up waste. Room was from 1950's, everything extremely outdated. Will not return.

Date of stay: July 2015
2  Thank westie32
Reviewed 3 January 2015

I decided to stay here for a night. We went to the beach that day but when we got to the room the shower was broken so we called the front desk. The owner came with the plumber and almost brought 2 big dogs in to our room.

The beds and and chairs were extremely uncomfortable. There is only a small tv with very little channels and the channels they have aren't so good.

When it was time to go to bed I almost considered sleeping in the car. It was terrible and I was so excited to leave the hotel. I would never stay there ever again.

Date of stay: July 2014
7  Thank Liam K
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We are looking forward to another stay at the Coachman. Have stayed a couple times with our children. Great location and accommodations on the Cape. Wonderful host. Clean rooms and kitchen facilities for our family. Not fancy. Just what we want!

Date of stay: July 2014