“Cool ambiance and great for brunch.”

Rosebud American Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #19 of 344 Restaurants in Somerville
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rosebud American Kitchen & Bar is a down-to-earth restaurant serving regional comfort food from across the US. A definitive neighborhood joint in Davis Square, Rosebud offers a laid-back dining experience in a casual setting to guests from all walks of life. Honest food and honest drinks set the foundation of Rosebud’s menu. While dishes have roots from all four corners of the country, Chef/Partner John Delpha, carefully integrates a range of far-flung flavors from across the globe to keep palates guessing.
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Our family dined here (adult children) for brunch. The restaurant front looks like an old American diner, but the rest of the building behind it has lots of charm and many more tables. We dined at the bar, due to the wait for a table and had a great meal. We ordered the French Toast, an omelet and eggs Benedict. All were great. Details as followed: the french toast is made with thick, hand-cut bread, the omelet was light and delicious with a side of seasoned home fries and arugula salad. The Eggs Benedict had tender smoked brisket beef and a sweet savory sauce. It was delicious, however the eggs were a little overcooked (not runny, as expected). All told, it was about $50 for three of us, without drinks. The ambiance was lively and warm. Parking can be a challenge in Davis Square, so plan ahead to find a space. We would highly recommend Rosebud and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I had dinner there with friends. The decor is warm, the server was friendly and helpful, and the food has solid in terms of taste, price and portion size. It was a very pleasant evening. If I had one complaint, it is that the food was quite heavy in terms of lots of sauces and starchy ingredients. Not the place to eat lightly but otherwise, nice tasty fare and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent quality food, drinks, service and atmosphere. Eggs Florentine Benny were cooked to perfection accompanied by a lightly dressed arugula and lightly seasoned potatoes. I’ll be back!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

The Rosebud has a cool atmosphere, and a good drink menu- but the fun ends there.
We waited for over an hour for our table, which to be fair, we were told the wait would be an hour.
I eagerly ordered Eggs Benedict with Brisket. Much to my chagrin my eggs were extremely over cooked- almost hard boiled. The potatoes were lukewarm at best and the brisket was fatty and grisly. I had high hopes and was extremely disappointed. This was easily the worst eggs benedict I’ve ever had.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We came on a Saturday night and the place was hopping!!! There is a very nice bar where we sat as our table was prepared. Lots of great beer options and fun cocktails. Not a huge wine by the glass list, though.

The food is very tasty - but be warned, very big portions. We took home half of all of our entrees as it was just too much food. For a starter we had the green beans, which was tasty, though I think loaded with soy sauce as evidenced by my swollen fingers in the morning! For entrees we had the half rack of ribs - excellent, and swapped out one side for cheesy grits. YUM!! We also had the rigatoni with short ribs which was excellent. The other main was a swordfish with risotto-the swordfish was cooked well and tasted fresh. We shared the peanut butter pie for dessert - worth every sinful bite!!! Our server was also really nice and attentive and did a good job with recommendations.

I did not give it 5 stars because there was an obscene amount of food - I would rather have a normal size portion and pay less.