“Amazing brunch”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rosebud American Kitchen & Bar is a down-to-earth restaurant serving regional comfort food from across the US. A definitive neighborhood joint in Davis Square, Rosebud offers a laid-back dining experience in a casual setting to guests from all walks of life. Honest food and honest drinks set the foundation of Rosebud’s menu. While dishes have roots from all four corners of the country, Chef/Partner John Delpha, carefully integrates a range of far-flung flavors from across the globe to keep palates guessing.
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent quality food, drinks, service and atmosphere. Eggs Florentine Benny were cooked to perfection accompanied by a lightly dressed arugula and lightly seasoned potatoes. I’ll be back!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

The Rosebud has a cool atmosphere, and a good drink menu- but the fun ends there.
We waited for over an hour for our table, which to be fair, we were told the wait would be an hour.
I eagerly ordered Eggs Benedict with Brisket. Much to my chagrin my eggs were extremely over cooked- almost hard boiled. The potatoes were lukewarm at best and the brisket was fatty and grisly. I had high hopes and was extremely disappointed. This was easily the worst eggs benedict I’ve ever had.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We came on a Saturday night and the place was hopping!!! There is a very nice bar where we sat as our table was prepared. Lots of great beer options and fun cocktails. Not a huge wine by the glass list, though.

The food is very tasty - but be warned, very big portions. We took home half of all of our entrees as it was just too much food. For a starter we had the green beans, which was tasty, though I think loaded with soy sauce as evidenced by my swollen fingers in the morning! For entrees we had the half rack of ribs - excellent, and swapped out one side for cheesy grits. YUM!! We also had the rigatoni with short ribs which was excellent. The other main was a swordfish with risotto-the swordfish was cooked well and tasted fresh. We shared the peanut butter pie for dessert - worth every sinful bite!!! Our server was also really nice and attentive and did a good job with recommendations.

I did not give it 5 stars because there was an obscene amount of food - I would rather have a normal size portion and pay less.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Three of us had an early dinner on a quiet Monday night. Appetizers: the wings were wonderful, but the fried pickle not so special and served to us so scalding hot that my husband injured his lip, now blistered and sore. Entrees: the rigatoni got good reviews, but the jambalaya was just okay, and the pork chop was tough. We had pies and spice cake for dessert, not bad but overrated. Our waiter seemed attentive but, in fact, missed some basics, like checking to clear the app plates before the entrees were served, and making sure we had the correct and sufficient silverware for each course.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

What a great place to start your day. It looks like many others are doing the same. Great food, lots of different combos. We went with 4 people and we each had something different and there were 4 clean plates. The only thing I would recommend it NOT to order the side order of bacon. Undercooked, too thick and the brown sugar coating is too much.