“Fun restaurant with good food and drinks”

Rosebud American Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #18 of 333 Restaurants in Somerville
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rosebud American Kitchen & Bar is a down-to-earth restaurant serving regional comfort food from across the US. A definitive neighborhood joint in Davis Square, Rosebud offers a laid-back dining experience in a casual setting to guests from all walks of life. Honest food and honest drinks set the foundation of Rosebud’s menu. While dishes have roots from all four corners of the country, Chef/Partner John Delpha, carefully integrates a range of far-flung flavors from across the globe to keep palates guessing.
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We came on a Saturday night and the place was hopping!!! There is a very nice bar where we sat as our table was prepared. Lots of great beer options and fun cocktails. Not a huge wine by the glass list, though.

The food is very tasty - but be warned, very big portions. We took home half of all of our entrees as it was just too much food. For a starter we had the green beans, which was tasty, though I think loaded with soy sauce as evidenced by my swollen fingers in the morning! For entrees we had the half rack of ribs - excellent, and swapped out one side for cheesy grits. YUM!! We also had the rigatoni with short ribs which was excellent. The other main was a swordfish with risotto-the swordfish was cooked well and tasted fresh. We shared the peanut butter pie for dessert - worth every sinful bite!!! Our server was also really nice and attentive and did a good job with recommendations.

I did not give it 5 stars because there was an obscene amount of food - I would rather have a normal size portion and pay less.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Three of us had an early dinner on a quiet Monday night. Appetizers: the wings were wonderful, but the fried pickle not so special and served to us so scalding hot that my husband injured his lip, now blistered and sore. Entrees: the rigatoni got good reviews, but the jambalaya was just okay, and the pork chop was tough. We had pies and spice cake for dessert, not bad but overrated. Our waiter seemed attentive but, in fact, missed some basics, like checking to clear the app plates before the entrees were served, and making sure we had the correct and sufficient silverware for each course.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

What a great place to start your day. It looks like many others are doing the same. Great food, lots of different combos. We went with 4 people and we each had something different and there were 4 clean plates. The only thing I would recommend it NOT to order the side order of bacon. Undercooked, too thick and the brown sugar coating is too much.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

First visit to this restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is a lot bigger than I expected, and the menu selections were quite interesting. I had the grilled pork chop, which was quite tasty. Our server, Taylor, recommended the Brussel Sprout appetizer, which did not disappoint. I also tried the blueberry pie - yum. This is great meeting place with a variety of choices. SERVICE was perfect, which made the experience even more enjoyable. I will be back soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

There are lots of choices in Davis square but the Rosebud dinner is among my favorite. First, it's much bigger in the inside! the cute silver old fashioned diner facade hides a large and comfortable space. We were fortunate enough to sit in the diner area in comfy banquettes with a nice street view. I expected more traditional diner food but instead found a mix of flavors. Especially enjoyed the grilled salmon with coconut orzo. Others liked the jambalaya and pork sliders. Nice selection of beer and wine and tasty cheesecake dessert. Has something for everyone. Make a reservation since even though it's large, its popular and we saw people being turned away.