“Good food, great service”

Rosebud American Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #19 of 344 Restaurants in Somerville
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rosebud American Kitchen & Bar is a down-to-earth restaurant serving regional comfort food from across the US. A definitive neighborhood joint in Davis Square, Rosebud offers a laid-back dining experience in a casual setting to guests from all walks of life. Honest food and honest drinks set the foundation of Rosebud’s menu. While dishes have roots from all four corners of the country, Chef/Partner John Delpha, carefully integrates a range of far-flung flavors from across the globe to keep palates guessing.
Reviewed 10 December 2017

First visit to this restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is a lot bigger than I expected, and the menu selections were quite interesting. I had the grilled pork chop, which was quite tasty. Our server, Taylor, recommended the Brussel Sprout appetizer, which did not disappoint. I also tried the blueberry pie - yum. This is great meeting place with a variety of choices. SERVICE was perfect, which made the experience even more enjoyable. I will be back soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

There are lots of choices in Davis square but the Rosebud dinner is among my favorite. First, it's much bigger in the inside! the cute silver old fashioned diner facade hides a large and comfortable space. We were fortunate enough to sit in the diner area in comfy banquettes with a nice street view. I expected more traditional diner food but instead found a mix of flavors. Especially enjoyed the grilled salmon with coconut orzo. Others liked the jambalaya and pork sliders. Nice selection of beer and wine and tasty cheesecake dessert. Has something for everyone. Make a reservation since even though it's large, its popular and we saw people being turned away.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We were here for an intimate wedding reception, about 33 people. The menu selection while limited for our event offered enough choices for every one. And a review of the full menu pointed to a place we for sure would be going back to as a couple. The staff was friendly and did not rush the service so everyone had the opportunity to chat and visit with each other. Oh yeah, you gotta try the peanut butter fudge pie. You'll be taking some of it home because the portions are so huge.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

When Rosebud was transformed to its current state, we were delighted with the new menu and execution. Both dinner and brunch were reliably delicious. Tonight we went for my adult son's birthday and it was not all that great. The batter on the fish and chips was gooey and under cooked which we told the wonderful waiter afterwards. The rest of the food was nothing special and we left quite disappointed. I may try brunch once more to see if it has fared better.

Kara P, Public Relations Manager at Rosebud American Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hello Erlene,

I'm sorry that we are just now getting back to you. I would love to speak with you directly regarding your disappointing experience last month. It sounds like we fell short of our standards where the food is concerned and would love to have you back to the restaurant for an opportunity to make things right. Please feel free to contact me via email at kpilotte @ alpinerestaurantgroup .com and I would be happy to speak with you further.

Best regards,

Kara

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Very good comfort food served in a comfortable upscale diner in Davis Square. We enjoyed, salads, ribs and fried chicken.