“Delicious & fresh Sushi”

Sawa Japanese Hibachi & Sushi Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Sawa Japanese Hibachi & Sushi Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 89 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

An absolutely chilled out spot in the heart of Shrewsbury, MA. Convenient location in Route 9 with ample parking. We have been to SAWA almost half a dozen times at this point. We love sushi and their sushi is on-point. Very fresh and innovative. In their special rolls do try out The Angel roll. Is you love spice then go for Yellowtail jalapeño and Salmon jalapeño rolls. The crunchy scallop is fantastic as well. The girls behind the bar are very friendly and have a very good knowledge of the drink and food menu. We haven't tried the hibachi yet - on the radar for the winter time. Do give this amazing spot a try!!

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

This was our first time at this restaurant. The restaurant is beautifully decorated. There is a hibachi side and dining side. We chose the dining side. There were many different choices in sushi and many were well priced. We got several
Different types of sushi and enjoyed them all. We highly recommend their lobster roll. It had a delicious flavor and a nice crunch. We also got the yellow tail scallion roll and the Massachusetts roll. We ordered them at different times and each dish came out within about 10 minutes. The fish is extremely fresh and delicious-- I didn't even use the provided soy sauce so as not to spoil the flavor. The only reason why it didn't get five stars is because our waitress did not ask if there were food allergies at our table. When I offered the information, she did not offer any assistance with choices even though many of the dishes that they offer have the ingredient I am highly allergic to.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

My wife and I are here on our date night. The atmosphere and decor was what you would expect. The food was good/average. They originally tried to seat us at a table where my wife and I would be seperated by a large column. When they saw our displeasure they quickly moved us to anothe seat. For me the bottom line is this place is just like all the other hibachi restrants in the area.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Food was very good. The staff was really attentive in the bar as well as table side.
Very entertaining. They did a really good job decorating

Reviewed 22 July 2015

My husband and I stopped in here one evening to beat the heat for a bit when our air conditioning wasn't working and we couldn't stand being in the house any longer. We just sat at the bar and had a couple cocktails, no food this time. The bartender was pleasant and attentive. The drinks she made us were very good and comparable in price to most bars in a restaurant.

The location is strange. It's in a plaza with a Stop and Shop, etc. I think this place would be bustling and very popular were it in a different location. Don't overlook them because of that alone. It's in an old Newbury Comics store. You can't tell one bit. The whole place must have been gutted and redone. It's really well designed and decorated inside. When you're inside, you definitely don't feel like you're sitting in a shopping plaza.

The food looked good as it came out for other people - and the hibachi smelled pretty delicious as well. We will definitely come back for dinner sometime for all these reasons. I'll update my review when I've eaten here!