All reviews great barrington whipped cream breakfast was delicious baked apple the barn charming room old house goat cheese could not have been more first morning thoroughly enjoyed our stay wonderful stay up to date beds were comfortable quiche hosts berkshire
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We love this place! Lovely, comfortable, great breakfast with special and gracious attention to my dietary restrictions, beautiful gardens, convenient to musems, restaurants, nature walks. And reasonably priced!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Mike and Chris did a fantastic job making us welcome and comfortable. The room was nice and the inn a great place to relax. Breakfast was nutritious and substantial. They even had a barn for our bikes.

Room tip: Great location, quiet, nice grounds, comfortable rooms, great breakfast.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Our second stay here and it did not disappoint us.
Mike and Chris are lovely hosts.
Very comfortable accodations-and what a great breakfast.
We highly recommend for a short-or long stay.
We hope to back again soon.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I stayed at Staveleigh House B&B in late January 2018 and could not have been more pleased. The inn is in a very old house. The furnishings are either real antiques or very good reproductions, so the total effect is cozy and welcoming. Chris and Mike, the hosts, could not have been more welcoming. Each bedroom (there are, I think, seven) has its own bath, not necessarily en suite, but individual to the bedroom. The beds were comfortable. The parlor had a gas fireplace, which made relaxing there on a winter afternoon very comforting.
And the breakfasts! They ask what time you want to eat, so they will be ready for you. If you are down a little earlier, there are coffee and hot water for tea. The first morning, I had fresh fruit cup and a cheese quiche -- very cheesy and fluffy. I don't normally eat much for breakfast, but I polished this all off. The second morning had a baked apple (with whipped cream and cinnamon red hots for looks and flavor), followed by scrambled eggs, sourdough toast and goat cheese. Yum.
I wanted Chris and Mike to adopt me so I could have breakfasts like this every day!
Highly recommended!!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

The Staveleigh is a wonderful B&B conveniently located between Great Barrington and the beautiful “quiet corner” of CT. The room was clean, bright and cozy. The food at breakfast was DELICIOUS and our hosts were a very gracious and helpful couple (great local recommendations). We just loved our stay, which was our first time to the Berkshires. We enjoyed our stay so much that we are going back next month to stay and ski close by at Catamount. HIGHLY RECOMMEND for a quick weekend away from the city!

Date of stay: November 2017