All reviews great barrington whipped cream terry cloth breakfast was delicious warm hospitality charming room goat cheese old house could not have been more baked apple first morning great hosts beds were comfortable fresh fruit berkshire barn lime
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Our second stay here and it did not disappoint us.
Mike and Chris are lovely hosts.
Very comfortable accodations-and what a great breakfast.
We highly recommend for a short-or long stay.
We hope to back again soon.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I stayed at Staveleigh House B&B in late January 2018 and could not have been more pleased. The inn is in a very old house. The furnishings are either real antiques or very good reproductions, so the total effect is cozy and welcoming. Chris and Mike, the hosts, could not have been more welcoming. Each bedroom (there are, I think, seven) has its own bath, not necessarily en suite, but individual to the bedroom. The beds were comfortable. The parlor had a gas fireplace, which made relaxing there on a winter afternoon very comforting.
And the breakfasts! They ask what time you want to eat, so they will be ready for you. If you are down a little earlier, there are coffee and hot water for tea. The first morning, I had fresh fruit cup and a cheese quiche -- very cheesy and fluffy. I don't normally eat much for breakfast, but I polished this all off. The second morning had a baked apple (with whipped cream and cinnamon red hots for looks and flavor), followed by scrambled eggs, sourdough toast and goat cheese. Yum.
I wanted Chris and Mike to adopt me so I could have breakfasts like this every day!
Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

The Staveleigh is a wonderful B&B conveniently located between Great Barrington and the beautiful “quiet corner” of CT. The room was clean, bright and cozy. The food at breakfast was DELICIOUS and our hosts were a very gracious and helpful couple (great local recommendations). We just loved our stay, which was our first time to the Berkshires. We enjoyed our stay so much that we are going back next month to stay and ski close by at Catamount. HIGHLY RECOMMEND for a quick weekend away from the city!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Staveleigh House is very close to a canoe, the attractions in Great Barrington, and several hiking trails. The inn is very, very clean and well taken care of. The shower in our room was somewhat tight, but as another reviewer said, that's a constraint of the building and not a big deal. Breakfast was fresh and very timely and the inn keepers are friendly and helpful. Access to coffee and tea in the evenings would take this place over the top. I think it's a great value and if we're in the area again, we'll be back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Wonderful attention to details and great hospitality from innkeepers!
I stayed in Room 7, which was spacious and very nicely furnished. VERY comfortable bed and elegant, crisp bed linens. Spacious bathroom with thick, fluffy towels and (Yeah!) a terry cloth bathrobe! The room and common areas were immaculately clean.
Quiet location and close to all the attraction in the Berkshires as well as in Litchfield County to the south.
Wonderful attention to detail from the innkeepers that makes a stay here very comfortable and welcoming.
Breakfast is fantastic! Fresh fruit, excellent french toast, and a good selection of teas and fruit juices -- this provides a hearty start before a day of sightseeing in the area. The breakfast room is elegant and cheerful, with fresh flowers on each table and crisp tablecloths.
Innkeepers Mike and Chris offer warm hospitality and in-depth knowledge of the area in terms of what to do, see, and where to eat. I will be back again soon! This is a great find in the Berkshires.

Room Tip: Room 7 has its own porch and has a spacious bath. It also has a day bed which is great for families.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business