See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2015

My SO and I were staying here on business. We left the hotel in the middle of the night to drop a load of freight off in Boston. Neither of us had thought we were coming to the hotel again, so we had left the key in the room. However, we ended up finished remarkably quickly, so we drove back to the hotel to get a nap.

We stopped by the front desk at 4:00 AM on Monday morning to get a new key. First off, they didn't have an actual front desk person - just a security officer. He wouldn't come up to the window. He just stood back in the corner and talked to us from a distance, like we were terrifying or something. I'm about 5'4" and around 120 pounds - obviously very threatening.

We had to ask him three different times for a key to our room. Finally, he came up to the window to make a key. I had gotten my ID out of my wallet so he would know who we were, but he never asked. He just asked what room, I told him, and he made a key. He didn't even want to know my name. He had not been there when we checked in the previous day, so he literally just made a key for total strangers with no proof that we were actually staying in a room.

So, hey, if you're looking for a free room, just sneak around this property, see what rooms are empty, and ask the "security guard" for a key. He obviously doesn't pay a bit of attention to whether you're actually staying at the hotel or not.

All sarcasm aside - throw the deadbolt for real if you stay here, just in case security makes someone looking to rob you a key to your room and they try to let themselves in.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank calivianya
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

If I could give a negative 5... Then I would...
Do yourself a favor and keep looking for someplace else to stay. We stayed here because my nephew had already booked rooms here & we wanted to stay together.

When we got here the "office" is located in a shabby building and the less than courteous clerk is behind plexiglass...With only a small area at the bottom to slide your credit card through. That should have been the first clue...

When I asked about the crib--which was supposed to be in the room --the clerk informed me that they had no record of that request--even though I know I specifically asked for one as I knew we would be traveling with the baby & would need it. The rudest clerk I have ever encountered made it clear there was none available.

The room we got smelled like whoever was here before us had been smoking skunk weed and the smell was so bad there was no way I was staying in that room--so I had to go back to "Miss Congeniality" and ask for a different room--which she told me the didn't have...I knew they did have another room as my brother was also supposed to be staying here & wasn't coming--so they gave me his room.

If it hadn't been for the fact that it had been a long day already-- I would have found somewhere else to go...but with a 6 month old & 2 other tired kids...we stayed in that room since it at least didn't stink.

The A/C was minimal at best and the beds uncomfortable. The room was depressing & everything looked old & worn. Nothing about this place was clean & I was glad to be staying only the one night. It was loud & noisy outside & there are no sound barriers at all so you hear all the road noise as well as everyone who passes by your room.

I took a couple pictures just to show how nasty this place was... The bathtub leaked constantly & was gross...The pictures of the blinds are in the bathroom & looked like they had never been cleaned... I ran a tissue down the middle to show the contrast of the dirt/grime. The cabinet pic is of the sink area and is also disgusting as you can see...

If you don't mind rude people & filthy surroundings--then this is the place to stay... If you're looking for something better... Keep going and pass this place

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank melscats
Reviewed 25 August 2015

We stayed at this room to attend a concert at Gillette Stadium. It was one of the few less than 3 miles from the stadium and is the only reason I booked it. $189 a night for a very basic 2-star Econo Lodge is ridiculously overpriced. Got there to check-in at 2:45 (only 15 minutes early and most places are ready by then) and was told check-in wasn't until 3:00 and my room wouldn't be clean until after 3:45 which didn't seem fair since I am already overpaying for this hotel and my room isn't even ready when I should be checking at 3:00. Please note, while only 2.7 miles from stadium, it is not recommended to walk there. We did walk home from the stadium, but there is no sidewalk available for half of the walk which is very dangerous with all the traffic. I would never attempt that walk again. Room was ok, nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Tami P
Reviewed 27 July 2015

We stayed here for the night so we didn't have to drive home after attending a concert at Gillette Stadium. We arrived right at check-in time and were given our room key, when we arrived at the room is was still being cleaned, we had to wait outside for 20 minutes before it was ready.
The bathroom was the only part of the room that seemed adequately cleaned (at least the counter/sink and toilet area, neither of us used the shower there). While the sheets and blankets did seem clean, there were several cigarette burns in the blanket.
The carpet was gross, very dirty and it seems like there were some parts of the floor that had something wrong under the carpet, there were a lot of uneven parts.
The mini-fridge and microwave were terrible, extremely dirty and rusted.
The wifi worked, but not well. It was just fast enough for me to open e-mails that had mostly text, definitely don't plan on streaming Netflix or anything similar.
Our room was in the front building, the parking is all right up against the building, but no actual spots. If you have a bigger SUV or pickup truck you might have some issues. I would recommend the front building to the back building, just for safety, the back building had a lot of dark, unlit areas and stairwells.

One tip about staying here after attending an event at Gillette: a lot of roads are blocked off, including the left turn off of route 1 to get to the street next to the hotel, so you will have to drive past, then double back to get in.

I would never stay here again. There are several other hotels in the area, some even closer to the stadium. I would 100% recommend spending a little extra money and staying at one of these.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front building
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Samantha G
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Checked into the Econo Lodge on July 12, 2015. Went to desk to complain about parking, and that there were men roaming around, tailgating and drinking. The woman told me not to worry, not to worry. I was worried. We stayed approx. 35 min. because a man walked to our window to wave at us, and stood there outside our window. I was extremely nervous and uncomfortable. Requested refund, I was denied. The room appeared clean, but it smelled awful. I left, the relocated to Raynham, Ma. same evening.

Room Tip: I would go a little out of the way, and go to Raynman, MA. to the Comfort Inn. Nice rooms, nice people, reasonable price.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business