All reviews no elevator front desk waffles room was clean pool area was clean would stay here again off the highway sausage continental breakfast healthy options downtown providence fridge and microwave waffle maker night's sleep first floor fitness center up to date
Reviewed 4 November 2017

This is a large Clarion and so a lot of people book their wedding parties there. We stayed there two weekends in Oct and Nov 2017. During the week it is completely dead. On the weekends it is hopping. I was very nervous that there would be a lot of noise and we would not get a good night's sleep. But both weekends ended up that it wasn't too noisy and we were able to sleep. The bed's are comfortable and the breakfast is good. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The best rooms seem to be on the second floor in the 260s if you can get them
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We arrived here quite early in the morning from a night flight. Obviously, they didn't have a room for us since they had been full the previous night. We went out for breakfast and on returning decided to put the cases in their storage room until the room was ready and while doing so bumped into what I can only assume was the manager. Very nice lady... she quickly figured out which room had already been cleaned and we were upstairs in a matter of minutes and showering the airplane grunge off!

The room we had was a king room and I was surprised at how small it was considering it's an out-of-town hotel (I did see into some other rooms as they were being cleaned and some are bigger). We had to move a footstool around so as not to kill ourselves falling over it on the way to the bathroom, but all in all the room was modern and clean with a Keurig coffee maker, fridge and microwave.

The bathroom had enough towels, the usual toiletries, a motion detected overhead light and those slow close, no slam toilet seats (it's the little things...).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Melissa H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear viksterCa,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience of our hotel with the Trip Advisor community. I’m glad we were able to find you a room for an early check in, so you could get a fresh start to your day. We appreciate your remarks about our hotel and guest room and we hope to be able to have you as our guest again, should you visit our area. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

The weekend of October 13th was "family weekend" for students in college at Johnson and Wales in Providence, RI. My daughter attends that college. I was late to book a room for myself and my 2 boys and the only place nearby was the Clarion Inn. They would not honor the "special rate" even though I clearly stated the reason for coming. They DID have a special rate until few days earlier.
Our room was on the 2nd floor all the way in the back, no elevator. I had booked a room with a king size bed and a couch/bed, the only available for the 3 of us. The room was so tiny that it was impossible to open the couch, so they gave us the room next door. We had checked in at about 8:30 pm but the couch in the new room was not open and ready for use. So someone brought a blanket, sheets and pillows but I had to make the bed, some service! The room was incredibly tiny, with the couch open there was virtually no space between the end of the couch and the desk, literally, no room for anything.
The bathroom ceiling was maybe 6'5" and I am 6'1" and when taking a shower I was constantly hitting the ceiling with my hands.
The second morning we had the pleasure to wake up and see a huge spider crawling on the wall just above the couch. It quickly ran behind a picture before I had the chance to get to it.
The price for 2 nights? $473.59! A complete ripoff in my opinion, a place like this is not worth more than a 100 bucks, or less, a night.
So folks, if you need a room to stay in this area, go elsewhere.

1  Thank Francesco T
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Staying tonight 10/20. Heard some great things and great reviews. In town for special Sat event. Looking forward to our stay. Clean. Friendly talented staff. Proximity and great reviews made this an easy choice for us.

1  Thank Mike S
Melissa H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Mike S,
We are happy to hear you were excited about your stay with us and that you chose us based on reviews. We hope your stay exceeded your expectations and that we have the opportunity to host you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Had two nights here as we had a car and parking was free, 6 km to Providence and much cheaper accommodation rates, large rooms and friendly staff, having breakfast included was a bonus we weren't expecting (plenty of options in a spacious clean atmosphere) wifi signal was strong, bed nice and comfy

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FLYmooAIR
Melissa H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear FLYmooAIR,
We appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay while visiting Providence. Our breakfast hosts will be glad to know you enjoyed the spread they put out each morning. We hope to have you as our guest again, should you visit our area of the states again!