All reviews bagels free continental breakfast nice room potatoes sausage bed was very comfortable providence area breakfast room rhode island sofa border ma
Reviewed 2 August 2018

My husband and I stayed for two nights, 7/27 and 7/28. Front desk staff were very pleasant and accommodating, and there was always someone there when we needed something. The first room we were sent to wasn't completely ready yet, so we were redirected to a room on the fourth floor. This room was ready, and it was clean and well furnished and very spacious. Nothing seemed excessively worn or out of date, and nothing was broken or non-functional. We didn't experience any odors anywhere, in the room or hallways. Breakfast was fine - eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes, along with Belgium waffles, cereal and assorted breads and pastries. Everything was in working order, and food was replenished adequately. We could find no shortcomings and would not hesitate to stay here again, given the value we got for our money.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Payal P, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Seekonk Providence Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you so much for your nice review. . We are elated that you enjoyed your stay and found that we provide a good service. We hope to see you again if your travels allows you in the Seekonk/Providence area in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Not a bad place but the place seems a bit tired and could use some updating. But it was fine, clean rooms pleasant staff. I would probably opt for a better place for the price. Probably nicer places in the area

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Payal P, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Seekonk Providence Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We do have plans on making some upgrades, some of which have been completed. This process takes time.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

This is the second year in a row that we have stayed at this hotel. We chose to stay here again because of the family suite - two bedrooms/two bathrooms. 2 queens beds, a King bed and a pull-out sofa. The carpeting/furniture/other trappings of the suite are definitely rather worn, but still functional. The A/C unit in the main room worked really well. We had to shut off the A/C in the 2nd room because it emitted a strong perfume smell that had my daughter sneezing like crazy. Beds were comfortable. Water pressure weak in the showers. The hotel itself is quite dated and worn looking. Extremely strange layout that you can read about in other reviews here. There is a very prevalent musty odor throughout a large portion of the hotel - though not in the family suite. (We actually stayed 1 night in a king+pull out sofa room on the 2nd floor which was similarly dated, but functional. That room had a strong musty odor and virtually no water in the toilet bowl.) We did encounter a couple issues during our stay that were quite concerning. 1) The elevator jostled around crazily and had an expired inspection sticker. 2) Some other guests brought a dog to the breakfast room and proceeded to sit it in a chair at one of the tables. Seemed to be a well-behaved dog, but clearly a health code violation to have it in an area that serves food. I asked them (man/woman) to remove the dog and they declined. When I approached the front desk, the young clerk on duty seemed unsure what to do. She did ask them to leave, but the man apparently refused claiming that the dog was a service dog and he was going to produce "paperwork." The clerk walked away with the dog remaining in a chair in the breakfast room. I returned to the front desk to speak to a manager about this situation and was informed that there was no manager on duty until the next day. The clerk called someone to ask whether dogs were allowed in the breakfast room --- surely this should have been covered in training if the hotel has a dog-friendly policy. I think some retraining is definitely needed!! The clerk claimed to have gone back and made the guests leave although we didn't stick around to see this happen. Unfortunate that these other guests felt so entitled that they found it acceptable to compromise the health and safety of every other guest and that there wasn't a strong policy in place to deal with this. We skipped the breakfast the next day as we were sure the dog would be back again. It is not OK for people to take their dogs wherever they please (health codes be damned!) and then falsely claim that the dog is a service dog. Service dogs are not carried around under arm. They do not sit on furniture. The wear leashes/harnesses in public. They don't need 'paperwork' and the ADA actually prohibits business owners from asking for paperwork. If a dog has "paperwork". it is because the owners purchased it online so they can take their pet into prohibited spaces and potentially put others' health and safety at risk. Won't have a need to travel to this area again, but if we did we would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Payal P, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Seekonk Providence Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you for your review. On behalf of all of the staff, I would like to extend our sincere apologies for the issues you had with your room. We will definitely be discussing the issues with the housekeeping and the maintenance team to ensure this does not continue. We have been working on upgrades when time permits. We do have many plans but everything cannot be done all at once. If a guest has a service animal and states that to us, we cannot go any further with it. It is federal law to not hassle anyone with a service pet, even if they do not have a vest or tag. Service animals can go anywhere their owner can. It is not breaking a health code if a service animal is in the breakfast room. It is possible the guest may not have told the truth about the dog being a service animal, but if they say it is, we have to believe it to be so. I understand that having an animal in eating areas can make one uncomfortable, but there is nothing we can do about that. All of the staff are aware of the laws of service animals and our rules at the hotel for pets. It is posted at the front desk for any of the staff to reference, if needed.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

The lady time I came when it was known as Johnson and Wales, the hotel was fantastic. Now that it has changed management, I find that it has greatly degraded. I feel like management has cared less or has gotten really cheap. When I arrived, there was no one at front desk. I had to ring bell like crazy to get some service. Then the room had no remote control and the TV didn't even work. Well, I got switched to another room. The room itself is actually very nice. The walk-in shower is probably free nicest I've seen. The channels were limited to only TV channels, no cable at all. The breakfast was not very good. Waffle maker was like kinda broken. Other one was totally broken. Scrambled Eggs were disgusting... I guess they were fake eggs or something? I feel like the place just hasn't been kept up and it's now left to deteriorate.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We came down to RI for my nieces Baby Shower from NY -long 6 hr drive. We were greeted by a friendly and accommodating staff-who switched us to a 1st floor room at our request. The room was very large by most hotel standards with an equal huge bathroom.
All was very clean ( a couple light bulbs out-but we could live with that). Had a small kitchenette with a large screen TV and a very efficient AC -since it was record heat wave outside. They accept pets which was a big plus for us. There is a Free continental breakfast with with usual "almost eggs" and Sausage -which was quite good.
The only drawback to this hotel is that it is laided out like a rat-maze. Instead of a elevator nearby with hallways with rooms off of it-it had a series of 3-4 hallways-one ta
hat after a while took you to the elevators, another with signs in front of it for breakfast -lead you down a curving long hallway to the breakfast-(we got lost in a couple) and finally one which lead you to the 1st floor rooms (extremely narrow and long) Outside of this learning this bizarre layout, our stay was very pleasant.

Room Tip: seems like 1st floor is easiest to access
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Payal P, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Seekonk Providence Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you for your review. The staff and I are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay. We did let the maintenance department know about the light bulbs and they have since been replaced. I also want to mention that the eggs are real eggs that are cooked on the stove. We are glad that your pet was able to enjoy the hotel as well.