“Great first experience”

Ranked #3 of 80 Restaurants in Seekonk
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We decided to try the Old Grist Mill Tavern on a whim one night and enjoyed our dinner very much. The salad bar and bread were fantastic. I was so full after that I should have held off on ordering a meal. I did order the pork chop which was cooked very nicely, although I couldn't finish it all, the portion was huge. We ordered the lobster spring rolls which were not our favorite but everything else was delicious and the service was nice. Buy some cinnamon bread to take home for breakfast, you will be happy you did!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This place is beautiful inside we sat at the bar and the service was extraordinarily good the food was very good will definitely go back

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely setting. Delicious meal. Hubby had twin 1.5 lb lobsters that he found to be prepared well. Accompanied by very tasty fries and excellent cole slaw. Only disappointment was the salad bar was not included with his meal but it was probably a good thing because he finished every morsel! I enjoyed a filet with bernaise sauce. Perfectly cooked medium rare. Excellent flavor. Lobster bisque was a little disappointing in that the flavor seemed almost as if the lobster and base had not been cooked together. Service was s little slow starting off but improved with the meal service. Place was recommended by our hotel and we were very satisfied overall.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Nice place to take someone you care about. Very nice grounds, nice place for a wedding. It was established in 1745. Burned down I think twice, but they used the wood to rebuild. Wonderful salad bar. You could make a meal out of just that, but don't. I had the lobster tail, oh wow was that good. My wife had the lobster pizza. It also was very good. Could not eat it all. we were stuffed.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I proposed marriage to my wife 21 years ago at the Grist Mill Tavern.
We returned for our 20th anniversary. We have been here since, but tonight was special. Everything was better than the last time we were here. The food was better, the service was better. It was a perfect night. We will be going back soon.

Been to Old Grist Mill Tavern? Share your experiences!