“OMG!!”
Review of Belfry Bistro

Belfry Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Belfry Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: US$15 - US$33
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6A
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Beautiful venue in an old church, attentive service and wonderfully prepared food; what more can you ask for!

2  Thank Decaf7

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Service was horrendous. We had a 35 minute period where we didn’t see our server after ordering appetizer. Twice we ordered entrees that were no longer available on a Friday night. Acted like they were doing us a favor substituting the second 86ed entree. Ordered a cocktail that had so much ice, it was watered down in a couple minutes. Too bad, beautiful place, food actually tasted good after 1:50 to get it. If I am going to pay their prices, make me feel appreciated and like I matter.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

5 Star dining in a former Catholic Church. The interior of the building has been tastefully repurposed for its new life. I loved the liquor cabinet being in the old confessional.

Service here is superb, menu diverse without being pretentious and the atmosphere is adorable. Classy but not so upper class as to make anyone feel uncomfortable. The pianist played played familiar tunes in the most delightful way. The the grand piano was my personal favorite part of the evening.

Fillet Mignon was perfectly cooked and simply but elegantly presented. Cocktails were fabulous and dessert is a must.

Thanks Belfry for a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We had dinner in this converted church. Very nice decor. The menu offers an excellent choice of dishes and the also have a couple of daily specials. My wife took the special for her appetizer, it was a grilled octopus tentacle... just melted in you mouth, I had the foie gras. For our main courses my wife had the lamb and I had the duck. Both were exquisite. Good wine list. Finished with desert and coffee. Very pleasant staff, makes you feel welcome. Not for the budget minded.

1  Thank Andre D
Reviewed 3 June 2018

The Belfry Bistro is a re-purposed 1902 church that is now an elegant dining room with soaring ceilings, stained glass, and lovely alcoves. The wine cabinets are set in the former confessional booths (very cool). The cape clam chowder and lavender scented duck were delicious and prepared just right. My dining companion had chilled oysters for her appetizer and then the chili lime scallops (from the appetizer menu) for her entree. They were just the right portions and also fresh and delicious. The live piano music was a wonderful accompaniment to our evening out.