“hidden gem”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Stopped in a few days ago with wife for lunch. They had a nice lunch menu and also a three course lunch for $9.00. It consisted of chowders, sandwiches and desserts. We tried it and were delighted. Seafood stew, yummy - (not a gargantuan portion but consistent with the price), I had salmon sandwich and fries, wife had fish sandwich with potato salad - both great and the potato salad shined!! Then for dessert, several pound cakes and German chocolate cake - again, not huge portions but spot on - German chocolate came with drizzelled (sp) chocolate sauce and whipped cream, apple pound cake came with caramel sauce and whipped cream. The bottle of Stella hit the spot. Waitress was great. The owner / chef came out and approached each guest for feedback - a nice touch - and a reasonable price - we live in town and do come here every so often - we are never let down!!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Dined here when we learned a there was a 1 1/2hr wait at another local restaurant. Although it wasn't our first choice, no one was disappointed. Best deal was a $9 lunch special with Soup/Sandwich/Dessert. Gluten free options are available. Seafood is very fresh and tasty, good Lobster rolls. I would dine here again. Service was friendly.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I've been here several times - with friends and with my 90 year old mother. Food is good and a great stop anytime of the year.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

While visiting New England, I like to try as many lobster rolls as I can find. The one I had here was very good...lots of lobster, no filler. The others dining with me were very happy with their choices. This restaurant features several nightly specials--both seafood and otherwise. I would say the service was decent: however, our girl was kept busy by a very needy table of six sitting near us. We could hear them grumbling about literally everything and it seemed they were trying to drive our poor server crazy with their unending requests and complaints. I liked this restaurant a lot. It was somewhat old-fashioned, definitely not part of a chain...refreshing.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a tasty dinner here. There are several specials, some three course dinners and some regular specials. Service was okay, but friendly. Bread and a dip start the meal, the salad greens are crash, and the fish is very fresh.