“Great little watering hole”
Review of Canal Cafe

Canal Cafe
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Sagamore
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 October 2015

We were looking for someplace to grab a drink and a late dinner. We were not disappointed! We (Midwesterners) had no idea what linguica stuffed Quahogs were. Now we know! (a clam stuffed with spicy Portuguese sausage). They were delicious, as was the pizza. If you're in the area, stop by for cold drinks, great food and a little local flavor.

1  Thank stever52261

Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

Local "watering hole" in the neighborhood. Small but with adequate seating. very inviting to locals and tourists alike. the food is very good, fresh and a lot times local as well. I would suggest both eating in and takeout. I must say that this is not family friendly due to size of the restaurant. very quaint and cozy but my living room is larger......

Reviewed 13 January 2015

What a great place to visit for a couple of drinks and great meals by Grazzy the cook ! Great bartenders and a funny clientele .

2  Thank Kevin O
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I've lived on the Cape for 30 years. I've never been to the Canal Cafe until today. This is by far the best fish n chips I've ever had anywhere. When the waitress bought the plate to my table I was shocked. 3 huge pieces of fish, enough for 2 people maybe 3, piled on top of a mound of really good fries, and a side of homemade cole slaw. The fish was fresh, cooked perfectly, nice and flaky. Great batter, crisp and light. At only 12.95 it's a steal. It's a dive bar for sure, not the best place to bring the kids but the people were friendly enough. You may hear a few F bombs flying from time to time so if your offended by dive bars don't go here. If you want the best fish n chips on Cape Cod, this is your spot. It didn't hurt that my bottle of Miller Lite was teeth rattling cold either. Cold beer and great fish n chips make for a good day. I'm just mad I didn't try this place sooner. I'll be back! I gave the atmosphere 5 stars because I like dives.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 11 January 2014

very small old time Cape Cod Bar the new owners kept it mostly like it was in the 1969 with modern touches great place to relax with a cold beer and a good sandwich