“Fun spot !”

Canal Cafe
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Sagamore
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 January 2015

What a great place to visit for a couple of drinks and great meals by Grazzy the cook ! Great bartenders and a funny clientele .

Date of visit: January 2015
2  Thank Kevin O

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I've lived on the Cape for 30 years. I've never been to the Canal Cafe until today. This is by far the best fish n chips I've ever had anywhere. When the waitress bought the plate to my table I was shocked. 3 huge pieces of fish, enough for 2 people maybe 3, piled on top of a mound of really good fries, and a side of homemade cole slaw. The fish was fresh, cooked perfectly, nice and flaky. Great batter, crisp and light. At only 12.95 it's a steal. It's a dive bar for sure, not the best place to bring the kids but the people were friendly enough. You may hear a few F bombs flying from time to time so if your offended by dive bars don't go here. If you want the best fish n chips on Cape Cod, this is your spot. It didn't hurt that my bottle of Miller Lite was teeth rattling cold either. Cold beer and great fish n chips make for a good day. I'm just mad I didn't try this place sooner. I'll be back! I gave the atmosphere 5 stars because I like dives.

Date of visit: March 2014
1  Thank John H
Reviewed 11 January 2014

very small old time Cape Cod Bar the new owners kept it mostly like it was in the 1969 with modern touches great place to relax with a cold beer and a good sandwich

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I'd like to give this place a bad review so the tourists stay away, but it would not be fair! The chef is Brazilian and has a very decent menu. The cafe is small (about 8 tables and a bar that seats 8(?)) but when we were there, several families came in after "sports Saturday" games were finished, and there were several regulars at the bar who made us feel welcom on our first vist. We were impressed with the menu, but we all ordered fish-and-chips since we had seen a terrific review In a local paper. The food was fantastic...only two beers on tap and a very small cafe, but worth a visit. We'll definitely go back for another try!

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This is a very small and easily missed bar. I think this is on purpose. The locals know this is the go to place for incredible cooked to order food. You can sit at the tables and watch traffic build up at the Sagamore Bridge every Sunday as the tourists all go home. This is the place to meet friends after a day on the boat or the beach. This is also the place to go when you are looking for the freshest seafood around. Service is friendly and prompt. Don't forget to grab a Last Beer on Cape Cod t shirt on your way out!

Date of visit: October 2012