“Anniversary Dinner by the Sea! ”

My Place by the Sea
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Our 41st wedding anniversary dinner could not have been better--a cozy table facing the ocean in beautiful Rockport! Thank you to Jack our awesome waiter-friendly, professional and classy! The owner runs a very classy restaurant where everyone is treated professionally leaving you feeling wanted and appreciated. At least that is how We felt. From the moment she took our reservation until we left she made us feel special! It's the third time I gave eaten here and I've never been disappointed. The food was expertly prepared and displayed to look amazing! When the sunset it was truly spectacular! I love this place and highly recommend it when you find yourself in Rockport MA!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We were a party of 3 who decided to try My Place by the Sea. For drinks we ordered the Lemonade Chiller. While we thoroughly enjoyed the cucumber lemonade the idea of calling it a Mocktail so that they could charge $9.00 seemed ridiculous. Our entrees were fine. My salad was deconstructed due to my allergies however I think it was actually for the best. The description was "Warm Salad of Zucchini, Summer Squash, Tomato, French Olive, Feta & Basil with Grilled Spicy Shrimp." I ended up having the feta and pesto removed. The salad was bright, flavorful and filling I think the extra flavors would have complicated the dish.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Wow! What an unbelievable view!! How can you mess that up!! Let me count the ways!! Put someone who is there by themselves in the corner even though the place is empty!! Then let's give her a menu and come back 10 minutes later!! Then lets take 45 minutes to bring a salad and leave her alone and not offer her a drink! I needed to get up after waiting 45 minutes to find my waiter. I wanted a glass of wine while I waited but no one came!! I asked for my salad while I waited for the quoted 15 minutes that my scallops would take. Then they deliver both 45 minutes later. I asked to speak to the manager but instead a very skinny young guy comes over and says that I gave them a miscommunication and that they couldn't do anything about it. So, now it's my fault!! No apology! No, sorry that this happened. What a waste! Someone should buy this place and throw out the staff and straighten things up!

1  Thank Lori D
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Love their food, location, staff & owner. No matter my main course, always started with a bowl of the clam chowder, not a cup. It is undoubtedly, the BEST clam chowder anywhere. Also had the lobster taco one evening, the pizza another evening, and a shrimp/crab quesadilla the other evening. Everything was outstanding! Including the martinis and wine. Already looking forward to our visit next year.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

The mussels were very good and so was the broth. The chicken and brie sandwich was overflowing. We sat outside in the shade with a beautiful view of the water.

1  Thank bsk_10