See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2017

We booked into this Hotel Motel for the 1st of Jan 2017, it was my wife's Birthday and we were there to introduce my wife to my Brother. I had not seen him for years and this was the only place on any website, so I booked it. When we arrived the place was deserted, it looked like no one had been there for weeks. I tried to call the phone number given to me but the only service is from Telstra ( I'm with Virgin who uses Optus) We then found the Tara Spa Apartments which were fine.

Room Tip: Call first
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Well what can one say about this place.The renovations in some of the rooms were incredible. The new wall tiles are flash that's where it ends. They forgot to put the shower screen up in our room, when I turned the cold tap on the handle sprung off into my hand, the toilet roll holder was non existent. The closest thing to a mirror in the room was the flat screen TV. One night was enough. The good thing was the can of insect spray - it was the largest can I have ever seen. We didn't try any of the meals so I can't comment about them. The water from the shower was hot and the room was clean. The A/C heated the room, however ear plugs were required.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2015

While the Hotel Motel is in the middle of a refurbishment they did their best to accommodate us on a spur of the moment request and at a considerate price. The staff were simply wonderful and did their best to make us feel right at home and part of the family. The large meals taste amazing, just like my grandmother made. We are sure if they continue the great refurbishment you can see going on into every room it will be a pleasure to stay in as the doubles have just the right amount of room and a generous size ensuite.

Room Tip: If you have special needs I am sure the staff will do there best to accommodate.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank spiritedreamers
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

The place is in bad need of a refurbishment. The back door had a gap as big as the grand canyon on the bottom and at the side. I had to put a blanket on the floor near the door to stop the wind from coming in. Dust bunnies had a field day too .The vanity basin came away from the wall when i turned on the tap, though i was going to have to pick it up off the floor.On positive note the water was hot and the air con kept us warm.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2015

I spent two nights here for work recently. The room really needs updating and repairing in quite a few areas BUT... I'm sure the town is having its share of tough times with mining being a fickle industry.

Jason made me feel like part of the family while I was there and nothing was too much bother. He showed genuine country hospitality and made me feel part of the place each night after work. Copies of The Courier Mail were available in the bar also. (A great touch for a visitor)

The hotel meals are huge, tasty and filling! Breakfasts are taken in the Crib Room and are also a hearty way to start the day. They can also arrange lunches and laundry if necessary.

But back to the room, it had all that you needed, the air conditioner worked quickly and well and the shower had plenty of hot water. A little note though, Tara only has Telstra mobile coverage. Wi-Fi is soon on the cards here also. Come and stay for the hospitality!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business