All reviews cape tip wall murals p town off season cape cod bit dated front desk manager continental breakfast private beach bagels walk into town commercial street rooms are small low tide national seashore long point a king size bed
Reviewed 22 October 2016

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding in September,which was held on their beach front.we had a room in the main hotel,which we found to be dated ,but was still of a high standard.the hotel is at present going through refurbishment.the private pool and bar were excellent.the staff were always friendly and helpful.the continental breakfast was of a good standard.only 20 mins walk from town centre.I would definitely book here again.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ProvincetownManager, Front Office Manager at Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

I like to say - don't wait for a special occasion to go to the Cape.
So, I say to you thanks for your review and do make it back to see us soon.
Have a great Spring and Summer!

Regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2016

I struggled with how to best review this property. On the one hand, I prefer hotels with modern, sparkling fixtures and furnishings and luxurious linens. On the other, I love Provincetown for its old, musty charm. While I didn't get the former preference, Provincetown Inn made up for it with the latter.

We stayed in the "old" section of the original Inn. I see others complained about the dark hallways and old fashioned murals, but I found them to be beautiful antiques. Yes, the common area smelled a bit musty, but there was nothing like reading a spooky story with my children next to the fireplace, listening to the wind whistle through the chimney.

Our room was clean enough and comfortable enough. The baseboards were old and dusty, there were missing tiles in the bathroom, the bathtub floor felt like it was floating, and there was a tiny bit of graffiti penciled on one of the walls (something like "Dave was here, 1994" (!)). But that wasn't enough to detract from the hotel's prize offering...

The location! You are at Land's End: next stop: Europe. There is something beautiful to see no matter where you look: P-town and the harbor, Long Point Light, the salt marsh and Wood End light. The little stretch of beach available to guests is just perfect. Leave your room and you can walk across the jetty to Long Point, over to Herring Cove beach, or to the center of Provincetown. This must be a tremendous convenience at the height of summer season, when parking is expensive and almost nonexistent.

The complimentary continental breakfast was very good, and an added bonus.

The cost of staying here seems a little high to me given the somewhat below-average condition of the rooms. I think you are paying primarily for the location.

I would advise anyone wishing to spend a relaxing weekend in Provincetown to stay here, if you can look past its saltiness and see the charm underneath.

Room tip: Get a room with a view! Why bother otherwise?
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Karen P
ProvincetownManager, Front Office Manager at Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

You said it all Karen P!
This is what we desire to hear about each Guest's experience, so we appreciate you telling your side of the story.
I smiled when I read your detailed experience - its amazing how we all view this place - thank you so much for sharing. As always, we anticipate a return visit and if you should, please call us up ahead of your arrival. Let us know you wrote a review and we will certainly make it worth your while.
Have a great winter.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Every year without fail. It is such a pleasure to stay at the Inn. Rooms on the water. Sea air and silence. The service of the front desk manager(Joy!) is amazing. On task and committed to excellent and prompt problem solving. In a time when customer service is scarce she makes it her top priority. I love the historic inn, coffee on the deck and the sea as surround sound.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends

'My Law Dog', thank you for your review and we are sure we will see you again next year! We also love having our repeat Guests and we do look forward to each call to say ''have my room ready, I will be back :)". It's truly our pleasure!
"Amazing Joy", indeed she wears the name and her title with such Joy!
All best wishes for the season.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

We spent a weekend at The Provincetown Inn for a family wedding. We booked one of the 2 large suites, with a king sized bed, and pull out sofa, plus living room/kitchen area. The bathroom was inside the bedroom, which was less than idea for our kids coming in and out of the room. There was a nice sized table, 2 sofas, and a full kitchen. There was also a table and chairs on a generously sized outdoor seating area. The room and the property were in need of renovation. Desperately. For more than $500/night, it was a bit disappointing to say the least. There was a continental breakfast provided, and a lively, colorful scene by the pool. This is Provincetown, so you will see all kinds of colorful characters throughout the resort. There were signs posted about a renovation in progress. If they truly do renovate, it will do a great service to this classic Cape Cod spot.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Colleen L,
Let's do this again - but next time let's do the Wood End Suite. The kitchenette is smaller but there are two bathrooms! Yes, two...so sorry you had that experience.
Renovation is ongoing, we host many guests each year and to maintain a property this size can be a challenge. Not everyone treat the rooms/areas the way we would like so we are constantly repairing, painting and making the Inn livable for our valued Guests. And, being right next to the sea, the building do get a constant 'beating'. Thank you..
So, again, we want to hear from you when your next trip to Provincetown Inn will be :).

Look forward to the day.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Went to see to relax for the weekend and got to see Dahlia flower show and I meet the nicest employee Joy. She had incredible customer service and I felt like family here. I have stayed here before and she is a true asset here. Their rooms have a great view of the bay or the light house. We like to walk along the. Real water along the hotel. There is a awesome pool and bar. When I want to stay at a quiet Resort this is my choice. This resort has been remodeled a few years ago and I know they will Keep up their outstanding customer service.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ProvincetownManager, Front Office Manager at Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

You are amazing!
Thank you so much for your review - you are always welcome here at PTown Inn.
Your next visit should be an even greater occasion as we continue to upgrade and make some wonderful changes to the Old Lady.
Have you both a great Winter and Happy New Year.
Joyful Joy....