“Beautiful Relaxing”

Brass Key Guesthouse
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

He beautiful oasis right in the middle of Provincetown. The guess we mostly male couples we were the ugliest a couple but we didn't care we had so much fun. The place is absolutely beautiful and clean they serve great cocktails and food. Love the happy hour every day. Stuff is amazing in the housekeeping people are treated like family. Will definitely be back

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
t1999, Manager at Brass Key Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you very much for staying with us and for writing a review on TripAdvisor. All couples are welcome at the Brass Key. We look forward to your return soon visit.

There are newer reviews for Brass Key Guesthouse

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I found the Brass Key Guesthouse online. I hadn't been to Provincetown in about twenty-five years, and I couldn't remember the places at which I had previously stayed. I like the description of the amenities, and I booked a room for five days for my friend from North Carolina and me. I find the place to be wonderfully run, and chock full of guest amenities. Every morning there is a breakfast fit for a king (or queen) from 8-10. At 12 noon, the outdoor bar just steps away from the heated salt-water swimming pool opens, and they also put out lemonade and cookies all afternoon under a Moroccan-looking tent on the premises. From 5-6, they serve wine and an assortment of cheese, crackers and crudite. The pool is open 24 hours, as is the magnificent hot tub (which I found extraordinarily relaxing prior to going to sleep. The rooms are charming--queen sized bed, and beautifully appointed. In the bathroom, they have an assortment of Kiehl's products--grapefruit scented shampoo, conditioner, skin lotion, as well as a bar of exfoliating soap, mouthwash, and facial soap. They have a wonderful massaging shower that has an overhead jets as well as body jets if you prefer to have a water massage during your shower. They have a lovely bar on the premises that opens at 9, and goes until 1 a.m. It is at the front of the guesthouse, and, while it gets noisy if you're in the bar, you hardly hear it on the grounds. They have a safe in each room, as well as beach/lounge towels so that you can take a towel with you downstairs to sun. They have done a magnificent job of landscapihg the grounds with beautiful window boxes of geraniums, and many places where you can sit and read a book or simply relax that are in the garden area--off the beaten track that are quiet, meditative and restorative (and out of the sun). I think this is a beautifully-run wonderful guest house. Although Provincetown attracts a large gay clientele during the summer, I found it a supreme compliment that several straight couples were also staying here--a testament to the quality of the services and amenities offered. I really can't say enough good things about it. It is just one block from the ocean, and from the main street--Commercial Street with which it runs parallel.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are good rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
t1999, Manager at Brass Key Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for finding online and staying with us as well as taking the time to write such a detailed review. Thank you for the kind words about the grounds, rooms, amenities, and the Shipwreck lounge. It was our pleasure to be your Provincetown hosts after a twenty-five year hiatus and we look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I started going to the Brass Key in 1998 and hadn't been back in a while. Let me start by saying that overall it's well maintained, the staff is very friendly and like other reviewers, I agree that they pay attention to the details within the rooms. Unfortunately what's changed is the party atmosphere that stretches from the club/bar they added in front to the all-night jacuzzi that was going strong at 3 AM outside my room. Nobody should pay $400/night for that experience unless you're planning to be up all night with the boys.

Room Tip: Far away from front and the jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin F
t1999, Manager at Brass Key Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Kevin, thank you very much for staying with us this year. We greatly appreciate your return visit and the time your took to provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear that guests of the hotel disturbed you at night during your stay. For any future stay please use the emergency/night phone number located on your welcome letter and posted on the doors of each building, if any noise is unacceptable during your stay. We look forward to having the opportunity to be your Provincetown hosts again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I usually seek out new places and experiences, but we are repeat guests at the Brass Key. We return as often as possible because we are treated so well. In addition to an excellent GM, Ken C., the staff at the Brass Key is attentive, friendly (without being intrusive), and willing to go a step further to provide the best stay possible to each guest.

The grounds are spacious and well-groomed, the pool and hot tub are always clean, and The Shipwreck Lounge is a great place for a cocktail with new friends.
We return to the Brass Key each time with confidence that Ken C., Scott WZ, Eric G, and David Y. will take very good care of us. And Ken A. cooks a homemade breakfast that is worth staying in for!

1  Thank 617Bren

Thank you for staying with us again this past week and for taking the time out of your busy days to write us a kind TripAdvisor review. It is always a pleasure to be your Provincetown hosts. Guests such as yourself make our jobs truly rewarding. Thank you for staying with us and putting smiles on our faces over the last several years. We look forward to having you both back home soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

The Brass Key is the standard of excellence in Provincetown. My wife and I have stayed here several times over the past five years. Although it is steps away from the ever present activity of Commercial Street it is a quiet and relaxed atmosphere. The rooms are gorgeous, clean, and modern. The property is gated and if one really wanted to you, could relax in the confines of the pool area all day.

We stay at several hotels and guest houses in the area throughout the year and the Brass Key by far has the nicest, friendliest, most helpful staff of all. Scott W., Eric G., and David Y. are always on hand to help with reservations, excursion planning or hand delivering a perfectly crafted adult beverage or warm cookie.

The property management, including General Manager Ken C., are extremely friendly and make every effort to accommodate requests.

I would be remiss if I did not mention the complementary breakfast spread each morning. Ken and Rick are lovely and serve breakfast each morning. The food is absolutely amazing!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us over the last five years and for taking the time to write us such a kind TripAdvisor review. It is always a pleasure to host you at the Brass Key or at our sister property, Crowne Pointe. Thank you for the kind words about our staff, our rooms, and our amenities. We greatly look forward to having you both "home" again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
2.8 km away
0.3 km away
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's
32.8 km away
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Brass Key Guesthouse? Share your experiences!