“Simple, remote and tranquil...for P-Town!”
Review of Inn at the Moors

Inn at the Moors
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed upstairs to enjoy the view. The pool was warm and refreshing with a view as well. Perfect distance to walk or bike to town to get some great exercise in or walk off a meal! Rooms were tastefully furnished, amenities were ample: decent T.V., frig and deck. The price seemed fair all around. Continental breakfast was o.k. although it would be nice to have a toaster out and a loaf of bread (doesn't need to be more than a wheat bread option!). Otherwise, a quiet retreat from the bustle!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelersBoston
Jesse H, Manager at Inn at the Moors, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2012

Thank you for your personal review! We really do appreciate the feedback. That is the only way to improve and cater to our clientele; hearing and taking into consideration our guests thoughts. We will work on adding a wheat option to the menu!! Take care and best wishes for a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 11 July 2011

Holy cow! I cannot believe how nit picky and just plain wrong the negative reviews are! This Inn is lovely...gorgeous view! Yes there are power lines...but arent they necessary to get power? I noticed power lines at most hotels in the area! Is that enough to make you give a scathing review? One person said there were no beaches...I see two HUGE beaches within walking distance! Pool is fine...you want something bigger...walk across the street to the ocean! Airconditioning was awesome and very quiet...was able to park rightoutside the door, even on the second floor! Bathroom was clean and had a bathtub and blow dryer! Price was about half of what smaller rooms would have been in town! Loved the balcony and just cannot say enough good about the view! Having a wonderful stay...and will certainly be back! One piece of advise...get a second floor room...worth paying a bit more for a better view and a balcony!

Room Tip: Get on the second floor!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Write2Annamarie

Thank you!!!! We appreciate your honesty and definitely enjoy hearing about your experiences here with us!! Please come join us for another wonderful vacation! We are so happy to hear people rave about us! We are one-of-a-kind location and are very proud of it! Many thanks! Please enjoy yourself this upcoming summer and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2011

The pictures on the website were taken by what I'm sure must have been a great photographer that knew just the right angles to take them from, because to the rest of us, there is nothing special about what you see when you're at Inn at the Moors. The owner, who runs the front desk, was rude and condescending. The rooms met my lowest standard of cleanliness...if they were any dirtier, I wouldn't have even stayed there. The rooms are VERY outdated, poor quality of bedding, the carpets...stained!, and the bathroom was from the 80s. The pool is IN the parking lot. It's noisy. Definitely will NOT stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AmyfromLitchfieldCty

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy yourself here with us. We make every effort to make your stay with us a positive, memorable experience. I hope you will understand that we do not try to mislead anyone about the property or view. The view is ever-changing on the Moors. Depending on the weather, the tide, the season... It changes. Again, I apologize for not being up to your standards. We wish you a wonderful summer and hope you continue to visit Provincetown. It is a special place.

Reviewed 10 May 2011

I don't think I would stay at this hotel again. Having said that, it wasn't horrible. The pictures on the website are certainly misleading. The views are completely obscured by electrical and telephone lines across the highway. I can't imagine having a first floor room, there would be no view. On the positive side, the rooms were clean, very very basic. The mini fridge was a useful touch. It was nice to be able to drive up to the second level and park your car out the back. The balcony was nice. It was quiet at night time.

The walk to the town centre was at least 20 minutes and after dark, there was barely any street lighting the further away you were from town, so it was VERY hard to see where you were!

The breakfast was nasty. The pastries were not fresh, poor quality and the rest was generally not appetizing. The woman at the front desk really limited the amount that she put out. No fresh fruit.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Salsajo

We thank you for your feedback. It is through guest responses that we are able to make changes and improve. Hospitality is a process which is continually changing and improving. We really appreciate hearing from our guests. We wish you a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 16 October 2010

The view is good, but from my room I only get a view of the parking lot and the cheap pool fencing. I get to watch the smokers in the smoking area across the parking lot too. Who said the pool was good? It is supposed to be heated even in the winter. It is tiny and in the middle of a parking lot. If you want to use it in October as advertised, you will have to figure out how to crank off the pool cover while you shiver in your bathing suit. Then you can traipse wet across the parking lot in your suit. There is no beach near this place. The beds are comfortable, but the blankets and spreads would be too cheap to sell at Walmart. The door isn't sealed, at all, so in October the wind raises through. My room had a hole in the floor that was covered with a board. The carpeting is worn with no pads over cement. The veneer furniture is beat-up and peeling. The fridge is college style and on the dresser. I unplugged it because it wakes you up all night when it goes on and off.
There is no way to make a long distance call and no cell reception. There is high speed internet, but if you are at the end of the building, you won't get reception and in the middle it will be like dial-up. I am not a technology addict, but I have kids at home and didn't sign up for complete isolation. My daughter's school called and so did she and I had to walk into town to make a cell phone call. The continental breakfast was good. The view is lovely but this is a motel and so not the P-Town atmosphere that a person comes here for. Yes, there is easy parking, but if you come with 2 cars, you only get one spot. You can hear people walking about if you are on the first floor and the way the cars park if anyone comes in late the lights shine right through the cheap shades. The hotel is a 15 - 20 min walk into town also, so you are not in the thick of things. Everything is old and worn, but in a 60's way. Worn carpet. Bring your own soap. The soap is cheap, Dial. No luxuries for the price. If you arrive late the office will be closed and you will be stranded without a room, so you get bed and breakfast service without the atmosphere or the perks. If you want a hokey worn down motel like this you can get a room just a few steps away for half to a third of the price ($144 for me, and that is off season in October.)
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends