“Beautiful Table By the Water”

The Red Inn Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 142 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: US$31 - US$70
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: THE red INN is about old-world charm & new-world pleasure… Built in 1805 on beautiful Provincetown Harbor, THE red INN has welcomed guests since 1915, including President and Mrs. Theodore Roosevelt, celebrities, dignitaries, and — most importantly — our everyday guests. Today THE red INN is known around the world for offering premiere accommodations in a spectacular setting. The Inn features three beautifully appointed guest rooms, three spacious suites and two luxurious private residences, all with waterfront decks and breathtaking views of Provincetown Harbor and Cape Cod Bay. Dining at THE red INN is an experience you will not want to miss! Offering a menu that changes with the seasons, THE red INN was recently selected by Cape Cod Life magazine as winner of the Gold Medal Award for fine dining and also named the best seafood on the Cape and the Islands by Boston Magazine’s “Best of Boston”.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I had a wonderful time enjoying happy hour at the Red Inn. $1.25 oysters could not be any better. The service was wonderful, the beer choices were local and well chosen. The views of the harbor were spectacular. This is a must stop for visiting Provincetown.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On a recent trip to Provincetown for a long weekend, my partner and I decided to have dinner at the Red Inn Restaurant. A client of mine had recommended it...so we gave it a try. Can't say a bad thing about the place! A very nice and comfortable feeling as you enter the restaurant. We were seated in the bar area right away. Pub table had a great view of the ocean. We arrived just in time for apps off the lunch menu. Drinks were great, and apps were delicious, so we decided to stay for dinner. The app of panko shrimp were followed by amazing spicy lobster and corn chowder, grilled shrimp sandwich, and a wonderful boneless roasted duck! This was a great meal, most of which was recommended by our amazing waiter!! Believe his name was Peter, who's detailed knowledge of the menu, sold me on the roasted duck.

It was a nice walk outside the town center, but they had ample parking if you drive. Lovely old Cape Inn restaurant, great view and atmosphere, reasonable pricing, wonderful food, and amazing wait staff! Everything good, nothing bad!!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to celebrate my brothers wedding by taking them out for a wonderful meal in Provincetown. I reviewed the menu and noticed that they don’t make substitutions. As a person with Celiac Disease I called and explained that I require gluten free food. They told me they would make substitutions under these circumstances. When we arrived the waiter was extremely unhelpful and simply told me that the kitchen doesn’t make substitutions. When pressed and reminded that I had called in advance he stated that the chef would accommodate me but really made me feel that it was a huge inconvenience. I was finally told that I could have the scallops (at first I was told they all pre dusted with flour) and a salad. As a person who has Celiac Disease I understand restaurant options are limited but to be made to feel like it was such an inconvenience was unacceptable. In the 3 years I have been following a gluten free diet this is the worst experience I have had, and we have travelled to quite a few countries. The service and pretentious attitude certainly spoiled what would have been a lovely evening in Provincetown!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

This is the second year that I celebrated my birthday with friends at The Red Inn. It is my favorite restaurant because of the wonderful food, great service and friendly vibe.
We started off with drinks on the deck while we waited for our table and everyone was pleasant and friendly. The drinks were suberb!
Our meals were excellent. I got the scallops which were cooked perfectly and delicious!
I can't wait to go back to The Red Inn and may have to find another excuse to eat there.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

The Red Inn has it all, fine food, fine accommodations, friendly staff and the gardens are magical and gorgeous. Lunch, brunch drinks, water view and plants... “this place has it goin on”