“Beautiful view! Yummy food!”

The Red Inn Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2017

We made reservations at this popular site and we enjoyed our service and meal. The only disturbing part was our table was next to the bar and a very drunken male guest ruined a large part of our evening meal with friends.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

One can usually tell what a restaurant is all about by the host at the door. We were greeted very warmly ( party of 7 with reservation ) after walking in from the pretty front yard, viewing the water, and seeing some patrons enjoying cocktails outside in adironack chairs facing the water. Our waiter was personable an thorough, with runners bringing the courses in a timely efficient manner. I enjoyed the pork chop, with others at the table enjoying seafood or beef, there wasnt a bad dish among us. The dessert menu looked delicious as well but we skipped it as we were headed to a function. When leaving we were thanked and and wished good night by our waiter, bar staff, and host -- one can tell they enjoy their jobs here and are well trained in hospitality. A must eating experience if you're in town !

Reviewed 21 October 2017

My husband and I had a marvelous dinner at The Red Inn last Thursday evening. I cannot understand the recent negative comments I read here on Trip Advisor. We had a reservation for 6:15, were greeted warmly and shown to a table near the bar with a perfect view of the sunset over the bay. Our server, Devon, was a delight: very attentive, always checking on our table whenever he served something to another near by, and vice versa. We recall him from his time at the Blue Whale and at his own restaurant Devon’s. He knows the service business well, and is excellent at it. I was particularly impressed by the time and care he gave a French speaking couple across from us, helping the husband select a meal that did not trigger a food allergy he had. That kind of care is what excellent food service is about.

My Summer Manhattan was delicious: Bulleit Bourbon infused with black tea, with lemonade and ginger cordial: I must try this at home! Hubby’s Gray Goose vodka martini was equally fine. We shared the Oysters en Brochette as an appetizer, and both had the blackened brook trout. When I asked that mine be served without sauce, Devon wisely suggested having it served separately, to allow me options. Thank you, Devon! The trout was excellent, moist and full of flavor. Chocolate Decadence for dessert was melt in your mouth perfection.

The ambience, view and food preparation were perfect. Devon’s attentiveness and excellent service made this an over-the-top evening for us. Over the years we have dined in many fine restaurants in New York City, Chicago and London, but nothing topped this for that grand combination of food and service.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

This is just a wonderful waterfront FINE DINING restaurant that offers first rate
service and food. YOU MUST HAVE THE RACK OF LAMB. Also any fish they
serve is the best around.
It is a classy looking Dining room. JUST THE BEST!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We went to the Jazz Brunch for the first time while we were in Provincetown last week. The drinks were great, but the food was better!! The bread pudding was to die for and I usually don't like bread pudding. We did the prix fixe menu, so it was a decent price. The local musicians gave the place a great vibe.
I would recommend it.