“Ecxcellent Lobster Hash!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 23 October 2018

Lobster Hash with poached egg. . . . HEAVEN! I vowed to eat lobster in any form and I was not disappointed by this choice. Go early, or there will be a wait.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Café Heaven used to be my favorite breakfast spot but over the years I switched to Café Edwige and Chach. Tried Heaven this year for the first time in quite a while and was impressed by the new décor. Expanding into the place next door certainly opens the place up with needed room and the décor is improved. Unfortunately, the food is less than what I find at Edwige and Chach. Heaven makes its Eggs Benedict with a mustard base that I find unpleasant (by contrast, Chach used a lemon base). Also, the eggs are now served on huge homemade muffins that overwhelm the rest of the dish. Just use an English muffin, being overly creative is not necessarily a good thing.

As before, service is very attentive and pleasant. I will visit again next June and try something else.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 12 October 2018

$74 for an appetizer, shrimp salad with fries, an OJ and a beer. Wow!

What made it worse was the crab cake appetizer was so full of flour it was like eating glue.

Service was good and the locals seemed to like it. I think they need to get out of Provincetown to see how the rest of the world operates

Reviewed 8 October 2018

While waiting for our Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch, my husband and i walked down to the Cafe. It was a bit of a stroll but well worth the steps. I ordered the pancake special of Lemon Ricotta with carmelized Pears. OMG ! My husband ordered the special of Cheddar English Muffin (made there), eggs, sausage, cheese, and avocado. the coffee was wonderful (many refills). OMG same !! We took a cinnamon raisin toasted with butter and jam for the cruise. The menu was creative and inviting. The service was attentive and friendly. Can only regret we could only be there once but would certainly have returned. Enjoy !

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I was ready to love this place, and maybe my expectations were too high. The menu looked fantastic, the bar was hopping, and it's super cute with local art displayed. We ordered a baked stuffed clam and lobster ravioli appetizers, and bouillabaisse for dinner. The baked stuffed clam had sausage and olives in it and was WAY too salty (and very little clam). The lobster ravioli was the best thing we had, but it was heavily over garnished with cherry tomatoes and greens. The bouillabaisse was incredibly disappointing - just seafood in tomato sauce that was very one-note (not the complexity of flavors I expected in this dish.) We didn't bother with dessert.

Service was fine, but the food just was not the quality we expected for the price. I note that many reviewers went for breakfast, and I'm sure that is a very different experience. With so many excellent options, I would not dine here for dinner again.

Date of visit: September 2018