“Short Staffed”

Ranked #93 of 142 Restaurants in Provincetown
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 10 September 2018

The Lobster Pot had a long wait. So, my group decided to try Governor Bradford Restaurant. After being seating and waiting for about 10 minutes for a server, we were informed that there were only 2 servers. However, they kept on seating people. The hostess was running around but not providing any assistance to the servers. I tried the bacon and egg sandwich on toast with home fries. The food was great. Service was not great.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

My husband was celebrating his birthday and we made an impromptu visit to Ptown..plus we wanted to catch up with a friend who.lives in town. I have limited mobility. We arrived at 11 am and were grateful to be able to order an early lunch. My husband had swordfish and I had roasted chicken.everything was fresh, the food was delicious. It arrived within a short interval. After 1 1/2 hours, my friend met me at the restaurant. We were welcomed to stay. He ordered additional food. We chatted and visited for several hours. Provincetown has wonderful peAnnople watching: and the view of Commercial Street from the Governor Bradford is prime. My friend pointed out local personalities as they passed. We were comfortable and felt welcomed and we'll 'red and watered. It was a wonderful afternoon...and the wait staff were terrific.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

This place sucks. It's right off "the boat" and empty. On Labor Day weekend - something's wrong. No one acknowledged us - and we were waiting for drinks.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

It was getting a little late for lunch and we were getting a bit “peckish” so asked a lady at Provincetown tourist office for some guidance, hence Governor Bradford. When we arrived it seemed like a bar and grill. The menu was varied and while some of our party went with “Lobstah” rolls I went for the fish and chips. The service was quick and the fish was out-of-the-fryer hot. Very tasty with crispy fries and malt vinegar.

Nice cool place for a summer lunch...

Reviewed 31 August 2018

It started from the amazingly arrogant waitress. Continued with super bad quality food which came more than 1 hour (!!!) after we ordered. Trying to speak to the manager got us in front of a brick wall. We asked for the manager and waited 10 more minutes until I had to walk up and find the manager myself. He was simply rude and didn’t care. Just like that. The owner- a lady who seems to be at post retirement age was unable even to communicate and understand what we want for her ...
The food was a pure disaster.
The restaurant wasn’t too busy or nothing else that could justify even a fraction of the experience or attitude.
Do yourself a favor and don’t even try.