All reviews indoor pool small kitchen stove top pull out couch new mattresses short walk to the beach low tide family vacation ocean view cape cod close to town living area staff was very friendly and helpful national seashore a great place to stay memorial day timeshare
Reviewed 22 October 2018

The view from our room was extraordinary. The resort was wonderful, close to town and made our family vacation enjoyable. Definitely was a worthy exchange for our beautiful resort in Daytona Beach Shores.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 8 October 2018

I was in Provincetown for a family get-together: first time there. All the downtown hotels were booked so I opted for the Sandcastle, about 2 miles from downtown.

The pluses: an actual resort, with a variety of pools and other sporting amenities. Many ocean-front rooms with beautiful views. Plentiful parking, which is a huge problem downtown.

Minuses: $245 for a pull-down Murphy bed. Poor noise insulation, and room actually shook as people walked by. Many electrical outlets didn't work. Front desk and bare-bones coffee and danish not available before 8 AM. They charge for travelers' toothbrush/toothpaste: never experienced that before. Front desk personnel rather indifferent, though one lady did find me a couple small muffins to have for the next morning's breakfast.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Double check your room before paying! We reserved a room for this establishment ahead of time, paid in full. We thought we were getting the room as advertised. With a stationary bed and beautiful views and beach right at our doorstep. This place absolutely false advertised. My husband and I checked into our room before we went to grab dinner,as soon as we opened the door we got a blast of stale mold smell. We discovered the bed was hidden in the wall and once we pulled the bed down, even worse smell and blankets and sheets were very worn and old. The floor was very uneven and the dresser which held the TV was leaning against the wall. The bathroom was very outdated and paint was chipping from the wall and the floor. My husband and I have been traveling for days and we were looking forward to relaxing in one place for a few days. With the conditions of the room there was no relaxing possible. We immediately grabbed our stuff and fled to the car. As we were packing our vehicle I went to the back of our vehicle to help put luggage in and I stepped back I fell off a ledge and apparently there was no ground below me. I cut my leg pretty good. So that just topped off everything. Due to the ill lit back parking lot and no fencing, I was so ready to get the heck our of this dump. I expressed our concerns to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. Manager was not on site and was given a card and name and told to call tomorrow. In which I did and was told again manager would not be in for a few days and left multiple messages. Never heard anything. Once I posted a review on another website trying to spread the word and hopefully save another couple or families from being robbed by this place. They responded only taking the defense of all actions and lying to me stating her and her head housekeeper looked at the room and didn't see anything wrong which I find very hard to believe considering she was out of office. Never apologies for the injury I sustained. Never addressed the messages I left in regards to receiving a refund. After emailing me her bulls**t story and excuses she never again responded to my response and we decided to take this to the BBB. PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND REVIEW ROOMS BEFORE YOU PAY!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Katelin H
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Found a pair of used underwear and shorts in our room. When we asked the supervisor about if our room was even cleaned she said it was “half cleaned.” Really no apology, in fact they were more annoyed we even brought it up. Advice to staff. Learn how to manage your team. It comes from the top down. Also learn about customer service satisfaction. I am easily appeased when you at least put an effort in. I travel all of New England for work and this hotel was just disgusting from the rooms cleanliness to the staffs attitude. Beware!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank lindsay g
Reviewed 20 August 2018

For Provincetown standards this place is a gem. The only issue I continue to have is that the units that do not have air conditioning need it badly in July and August months. We’ve stayed here many times and when we have a unit without air conditioning it is always unpleasant during the day and most of the evening.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple