All reviews indoor pool tennis courts exercise room stove top new mattresses short walk to the beach coffee maker double bed ocean view family vacation low tide memorial day shuttle cooktop bay summer pans
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

The desk agents Patty, Kathy, and Sami are kind and compassionate. I wasn't on the reservation at the Sandcastle, so when I dropped my wallet in the parking lot unknowingly, it wasn't easy to try and get it back to me. I found out that they worked diligently to try and find me, including reaching out to my state department of motor vehicles via my ID. I actually found out by calling them: a really friendly voice answered the phone, "Sandcastle resort, I'm really glad you called!"...my name must have come up on the caller ID and at that moment, I'm sure they knew they made my day. And that's what it's all about: I've worked the majority of my life in customer service, it can be quite hectic out there. But moments like these are what keep me going. Thank you so much for the care and honesty that completely turn my weekend around. You all are amazing!!

Stayed: October 2017
Nevms, Public Relations Manager at Sandcastle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. Your comments have been shared with the front desk staff. We're so pleased that you had a good time and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Myself, my husband and 4 of our friends booked this a year ago, excited to spend the week in Provincetown. I read reviews but always take them with a grain of salt. I came here with an open mind and ready to enjoy the week. I have to say I'm very disappointed and wouldn't book here again. We got here and were bummed but knew that the 6 of us would make the best of it.

We got a 1 bedroom suite that sleeps 6. It's small and VERY outdated and run down. The utensils in the room were clearly old. Thankfully we had brought our own. No blender in room, had to go get one from the front office. TV in bedroom is not even a 13 inch TV. One in living room is slightly bigger maybe 24 inch. Good thing we are keeping busy other ways.

First day, we go to find the "beach." It's quite a walk from the main building. There's no chairs out on the sand. There's no real "beach." It's all a huge sand bar. No swimming or frolicking in the waves. Again disappointed.

First night we all put our bathing suits on and head to the hot tub. I try the pool first. It's pretty warm for a pool. Then we go in the "hot" tub that wasn't hot. The "hot" tub was colder than the pool. I go to the office and ask if someone can turn the hot tub up and I'm told there's no maintenance on site but they'll call someone. Next morning we wake up and check with the office to be told they need a part and have no idea when it will be fixed because "we don't exactly have a Home Depot here." Fine, again things happen but very disappointed.

Come back Tuesday (we checked in Sunday) and hot tub is working. Wednesday morning hot tub is cold again.

Wednesday went for whale watch and wanted to wash our wet clothes. The washers and dryer in main building (only 2 of each) were rusty and probably from the 70s. There is a sign hanging above it that says "Use at your own risk: town water may discolor clothing due to high rust content." And there was no change machine. I go down to the office and ask if the rusty water is common or unusual and she had no idea what I meant. I said "your sign." She said, oh well you can try the other building." I said "Isn't that the same water supply?" She gave me a blank stare so I said forget it and drove the a laundromat.

Again, I am very disappointed in this place. It's so obvious that the owner / manager takes no pride in their resort and no priority is given to keeping it updated. I am shocked that this even qualifies as an RCI timeshare resort! And I most definitely will never book here again. I was tempted to go find another place for the rest of the week but we're here and our stuff all unpacked. We will just make the best of it. Very disappointed and will not recommend to anyone! Take some time, energy and money and put it into making this place what it could actually be instead of letting it stay run down!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Becca L

Thank for your taking the time to review your stay with us. Feedback is such a valuable source of information, regardless of whether it is good or bad and enables us to continually strive to improve our standards. We apologize that there were hot tub issues during your stay. We had an unforeseen problem butt is now in perfect working order.
While we are not the equivalent of the newer timeshare resorts that are purposefully built for timeshare, we are one of the original timeshare resorts and continue to be extremely popular with RCI exchange visitors. Our beachfront property is decorated in casual beach decor in keeping with the relaxed feel of Cape Cod and New England.  We're sorry that this was not up to your expectations.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This was a very clean place to stay: Staff was very friendly and we had a room with a balcony view of the bay. Located close to town to be able ride bikes into Provincetown.
Highly recommend and would stay here in the future!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GREG G

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. We're so pleased that you had a good time and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

At least you would have air conditioning. Imagine our surprise to see a wall mounted fan instead of ac in the unit. This place is tired with crummy indoor outdoor carpeting on the floor. Mattress was old and lumpy and there were not enough parking spaces to accommodate all the units. The only reason it gets two stars is that it was clean, there was good water pressure and plenty of hot water and the front dest staff were excellent.
When we made our reservations for a cheaper parking lot view unit we were called back to say that they made a scheduling error and the only available unit was a much more expensive poolside unit and it was the only one left. Imagine our surprise when we arrived at the resort to see the vacancy sign displayed. Seemed like the old bait and switch.
I cannot recommend this place. A better alternative would be to sleep in your car and shower at the herring cove bath house.
You'd know what you're paying for and getting your money's worth.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ststeve52

Thank for your taking the time to review your stay. Feedback is such a valuable source of information, regardless of whether it is good or bad and enables us to continually strive to improve standards.
Please be aware that the vacancy sign would be displayed to cover any and all available rooms - including the most expensive ocean view rooms.
Units in the main building have A/C but oceanfront and poolside units do not have A/C and are advertised as such.
It is difficult to provide a mattress that suits everyone's taste and we have additional mattresses and toppers for guests who find their bed to be too hard or too soft.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We waited too late to book a place for Carnival this year (totally our fault, and we're locals). So we did the best we could & got on waiting lists. Lucky for us, the Sandcastle had a cancellation and we were next on the waiting list. The room was really small, even though there was a "kitchenette". The bathroom was really small, too. For beds, there was a murphy bed & a pullout couch. Great that there was a small sink, full size refrigerator, and cooktop. But there was no fan, so don't cook bacon or fry anything. And the microwave didn't work. The toilet seat kept falling off to the side. And no fan in the bathroom. It was clean when we arrived, we had a "patio", and it was fairly quiet at night, considering it was Carnival weekend. Love the short walk to the beach every morning, day, & evening. The bus stop is a few steps from the hotel & doesn't take long to get to the other end of Commercial St. All in all an ok place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family